Changing Username

Leica Dromgool
Leica Dromgool Member Posts: 11
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Is there a way I can change a Username in Hosted please? The person has left the company and want to change it to the person that has replaced them? 

Thanks,
Leica 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi Leica,
    User name changes for Reckon Accounts Hosted need to be actioned by our Technical Support team. Please get in touch with us and we can get this sorted for you.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Leica

If you have admin login to the hosted file then you can change the username.

Company>Users>set Up users & Roles>admin file password

From here you can change user names/passwords/roles and set up  new ones. - If a person has left I would recommend changing the password to get into hosted, if the previous employee had admin login change the admin password inside the file.  If they had a username & password I would change their password only but leave the user name there for any previous audit trails in case there was a problem.

I would simply set up a new user complete with their roles and password.  This I would do for any employee having access to the file, no 2 users use the same login.
  • Leica Dromgool
    edited March 2019
    How do I contact your team Rav??? 
  • Leica Dromgool
    edited April 2019
    Can someone reply to me??? I've tried calling your support phone number and sat on hold for 9 minutes and gave up. Customer service is a joke. 
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Leica

we have tried to help you, both Rav and I, if the information we have given you isn't helpful, then you need to re-think your question.

Is there a way I can change a Username in Hosted please? The person has left the company and want to change it to the person that has replaced them? 
    Rav is talking about a file name or resetting an admin password, only admin passwords can be reset by support if you have been locked out.  

I have given you information based on your above post, and an employee who has left, and how to do it if you have the admin password.

9 Min. on hold is nothing, I personally have been on hold for over 1.5hrs, longer if you want to mention the name "Telstra".  

If you are still having issues then you simply need to repost that you don't understand and we will guide you.

So what is the issue, do you have the admin password or not?  
  • CHRIS WILLOX
    CHRIS WILLOX Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav, just to clarify about changing user name and password, the original user name is all numeric but would prefer more business name like name. Can this be done by myself as i have current user name and password or do i need to contact technical support?