Excel could not open data file

Cheryl BonehamCheryl Boneham Member Posts: 16
edited July 26 in Accounts Hosted
When exporting report I'm getting the error- Excel could not open data file.  I'm using Microsoft 2019 and Opera.  This was working for a month ago but when I went to do this month I get this message.

Comments

• ZappyZappy Accredited Partner Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Have you tried opening it as an older version
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,799 Administrator
    edited April 2019
    Hi Cheryl,
    Can you please exit your file by going to File > Exit and then ending your active session in the Hosted control panel. Once that is done logout and then retry after a couple of minutes.
    Does the same issue occur after doing this?
  • sabinasabina Member Posts: 1
    edited February 10
    Hi,
    I have the same problem, "excel could not open the date file" and I have tried quitting, reopening etc many times, ending the active session everything and I still get the same message.

• JulieHJulieH Member Posts: 2
    edited July 26
    I'm getting the same thing and it's been happening for ages - every quarter when I go to do BAS's I have the same issue and it's getting really annoying having to log in and out again all the time. 

It also plays up when I try to export to an existing file. I get the message: "Excel does not permit exporting to a protected or shared worksheet or adding a sheet to a protected workbook.  Use the Excel Tools menu to change the workbook or worksheet setting and then try to export the report again". 

There is something wrong with the excel function for this to keep happening.

I use Firefox at home and Internet Explorer at the client's place and it happens in both. I"m not trying the new Microsoft Edge and it was OK, but I just got the error again while exporting to an existing file - I'd just done 5 reports but it failed on the 6th.