Payroll Tax Table Update for 1 July 2020

RosieRosie Member Posts: 87
edited August 30 in Accounts Business Range
Hi there,

Is the Tax Table Update available for 20/21 yet? I can't see the section I usually find on the webpage for Reckons Accounts Premier Desktop where I order the DVD to be sent out with the tax table update.
Thanks

Comments

• ZappyZappy Accredited Partner Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭
    edited June 21
    Rose are you referring to PAYG tax? There are no changes. The STSL threshold are changing.
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 87
    edited June 22
    Yes. There is usually a tax table update that is released by Reckon that needs to be installed before the first pay each year. Reckon popped up with a prompt to remind me so I thought I had better check.
  • SariSari Member Posts: 22
    edited June 22
    Hi Rosie,
    I too saw the pop up but I am thinking it's just an inbuild reminder. It appears there are no changes to the tax tables and thresholds, but I am keen to see what reckon releases.
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,906 Administrator
    edited July 3
    Hi all,
    There's some info in the article I've linked below on the changes coming to Reckon Accounts 2020 along with the tax table update. They are due for release this week within the next couple of days.

What's New - Reckon Accounts 2020 R2
  • SariSari Member Posts: 22
    edited June 22
    Thanks Rav! I think that's what we're all waitig for!

• RosieRosie Member Posts: 87
    edited June 22
    Thanks Rav! That's great news. Looking forward to this update with the STP submission of TFN declarations. Hopefully this will be released soon.
    edited June 23
    The electronic lodgement of TF Decs should have happened years ago. 
  • lesleighlesleigh Member Posts: 2
    edited June 23
    Is this the same for Reckon Enterprise???
  • Henry ZaragozaHenry Zaragoza Member Posts: 1
    edited June 24
    How do you update Tax Table on Reckon Hosted?

• Acctd4Acctd4 Accredited Partner Posts: 929 ✭✭✭
    edited June 24

Hi Henry

You don’t need to install any updates on Hosted – Reckon does them.

There are now links to detailed instructions along with a new “Launch Accounts 2020 R2” button when you login to Hosted where you can have RAH “Update” your data file for use in 2020 R2.

NOTE: You cannot revert back to a previous version once your file has been opened (updated) to/into R2.

As per the instructions, you should generate & print some financial reports (eg P&L, Balance Sheet) from your current (R1) version file - for comparison, post-update - & always “Verify” & “Backup” the current file before updating.  

Shaz Hughes Dip(Fin) ACQ NSW, MICB

Reckon Accredited Professional Partner Bookkeeper / Registered BAS Agent (No: 92314 015)

Accounted 4 Bookkeeping Services

Ballajura, WA

0422 886 003

[email protected]

www.accounted4bs.com

Shaz Hughes Dip(Fin) ACQ NSW, MICB

Reckon Accredited Partner (AP) Bookkeeper * Regd BAS Agent (No: 92314 015) *

ICB-Certified Bookkeeper * Seasonal Tax Consultant since 2003

Accounted 4 Bookkeeping Services

Ballajura, WA

0422 886 003

[email protected]

https://www.accounted4bs.com/

• Paul FoleyPaul Foley Member Posts: 1
    edited July 3
    OK - so what is the answer about Tax Tables for July1, 2020 (FY2021)? Are we getting an update file? We're running Reckon Accounts Premier (Desktop) Accountant Edition 2019 R2P. Thanks!
  • Kris_WilliamsKris_Williams Member Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭
    edited July 3
    The normal tax scales didn’t change, refer to Kevin’s post above
  • Lance ArthyLance Arthy Member Posts: 9
    edited July 3
    Hi Paul Foley. 

Even though there aren't any tax changes there is a new tax table. It will be in your account.

Go to this page https://members.reckon.com/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fdefault.aspx

edited July 3
    Paul you need to upgrade to Reckon 2020 before you can load any new tax tables. Is your subscription up to date? 
  • Narelle AdamsNarelle Adams Member Posts: 2
    edited August 30
    Hi guys

Could anyone advise as to whether we needed to download the new tax table for 20/21 even though there were no changes? Mine disappeared in the download window. A quick response would be greatly appreciated.
    edited August 30
    Ahem there were changes to the STSL thresholds.
  • Narelle AdamsNarelle Adams Member Posts: 2
    edited August 30
    Yes. thank you. All sorted.