End of Financial Year Procedures - Reckon Accounts Plus 2019

Options
Mark Cusworth
Mark Cusworth Member Posts: 12
edited September 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi, this is the first time through end of financial year for me with Reckon Accounts Plus 2019. I have completed the STP finalisation step however I am wondering is there any other end of financial year procedures to complete such as locking the accounting file or rolling over the financial year? Any advice for end of financial year procedures would be appreciated. Regards, Mark

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,420 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi Mark,
    There is no specific rollover process at the end of the financial year when using Reckon Accounts. The file is continuous. You can however choose to lock transactions to a certain closing date ie. end of the financial year if you wish.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mark Cusworth
    Mark Cusworth Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Thanks Rav, all sorted!
  • jenny_9151212
    jenny_9151212 Member Posts: 20
    Options

Hi Rav

sorry i think i have asked the same question somewhere, but i have waited for a month for the system to sort out itself. but nothing happen

my problem is we have been using Reckon Accounts Premier for years just for payroll. now we will use it for accounts as well. so i looked at the chart of accounts, our payroll expense accounts total is the total figures for last few year rather than just for last month. how do i fix it? i have asked, and was told the system will reset the expense and income account itself. but nothing happened. thanks again

cheers

jenny

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,304 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

The figures will remain in the expense accounts forever, but reports - Profit & Loss is generated by the period entered. However Asset or liability accounts need to be journaled to Zero, if that is required, as they carry forward on Balance Sheet