Emails ignored and/or not recieved

Options
FIBREGLASS REPLACEMENT PANELS
FIBREGLASS REPLACEMENT PANELS Member Posts: 3
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
One of the main reasons I joined Reckon Accounts Hosted was for the promised convenience of emailing but I'm finding customers aren't always receiving their emails or they ignore them because they assume an email from Accounts Hosted is junk and to be honest I don't blame them.  To avoid this I save the invoice/document as a PDF to the desktop and manually attach the file to the email I create but the method of saving the document (File, Save as PDF, save to Desktop) doesn't work either so I have to save to PDF using the print function which takes even longer.  Please tell me there is an easier way.   

Comments

• Marina Di Rosso_10819341
    Marina Di Rosso_10819341 Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi, we are all in the same boat unfortunately. There is no other work around to this problem that has worked for me. I have tried the "solution" provided by Reckon and it does not work.
    Never had this problem before the 20/21 change. It is inconvenient and a waste of time. 
    Hopefully the maintenance scheduled for this weekend will resolve it........holding my breath
  • PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    A custom solution is an answer :)

I have a solution that will connect to your Reckon Hosted when you want to send out invoice emails. You can do it in batch or individually.
    The solution will export the invoice to PDF format (the only disadvantage is that we have to build the Invoice PDF outside of Reckon). But it gives you many advantages:

- Send email using your own email address

- No longer guessing if the email actually reaches the customer or not

- Capability to adjust invoice PDF the way you want, ( ie. add term and condition pages)

- Add an online payment link so your customer just one click away from making the payment

- And many more...

Let me know if you are interested. My email is phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

• Kris Harris
    Kris Harris Member Posts: 18
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I was initially concerned by this but have not experienced any significant problems going on 9 years now. What you can do though, aside from advising your customers to expect an email from Accounts Hosted, is add a tag to your email subject. You can change the email subject in the company preferences under send forms. We've previously used 'Invoice from <Company-Name>' (our name) but recently changed to 'Invoice for <Name-Company> (customers name) as it helps us see who the invoice was for without opening the email. There are a few other tags you may find useful too. Just make sure that the company name in the customer information is the trading name or recognisable. Some companies have weird company names which are useless for identifying who they are. Make sure you BCC yourself too and you will know it's been sent.
  • FIBREGLASS REPLACEMENT PANELS
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thanks so much for your reply Marina, much appreciated.  I've recently purchased a second subscription and noticed a generous price increase, definitely expecting a common issue like this to be resolved now.   Rikki 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi there,
    With Reckon Accounts Hosted being a 'hosted' service as the name implies, there are a few differences in the way some functionality works such as email and printing as an example.
    Emails are sent through a mail server within the Hosted service and as such, they are sent through with the email address; accountshosted@reckon.com which you've seen.

As a starting off point, I'd recommend checking out some of the info in this help guide as it goes into this in a bit more detail along with a couple of steps to help with the delivery/receiving of your emails.
    HELP GUIDE: Emails are sent from accountshosted@reckon.com

There is some investigation happening at the moment to enhance the email experience, specifically a report to show sent and/or bounced emails. This is still in the early stages and more info will follow as we progress on this project.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bruce McRae
    Bruce McRae Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Sell the solution to RAH . . . . . . .
  • FIBREGLASS REPLACEMENT PANELS
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Rav.  Majority of our customers are one time buyers so following your help guide creates a lot more work for a function that was supposed to be a convenince but has in fact slowed the process down.