YTD figures resetting to zero after company file rebuild

Options

Hi

I've seen a few older posts about Year To Date figures being reset or showing zero on payslips - unfortunately, none of the suggested fixes have worked for me and discussions with Reckon Support have fallen flat also - so, as last ditch plea before building a whole new file or starting a new product, thought I'd see if anyone might have suggestions or experience with this issue.

We have 5 company files all up and running Accounts Premier Desktop (latest R2) with it's payroll. 2 of the company files are large (approx 700MB and 1GB) -  Of all of these, i ONLY have this issue with 1 file - the 700MB file

Issue is that when i rebuild, the YTD figures ALL show zero on payslips or in the paycheck window. I've tried verifying which shows now errors and have tried resorting all lists with 3 consecutive rebuilds - all make no difference.

If i leave for a week, the next week/s payroll is then included in the YTD figures - like it was reset on a new year - if i then do a rebuild, it resets again

I've restored from a backup that was working, verified the YTD shows, done a single rebuild and YTD dissappear, I've tried this with and without the new Oct Tax and get same result in both cases. I've tried this from a clean PC that's never had Reckon on it and same result - the rebuild breaks my file EVERY time

Unfortunately, we'd had a few weeks go by before noticing this so although i have backups, i've had too many transactions take place since the last one where YTD worked (October 20th) to be able to use it and have no way to re-key that many transactions.

I've tried running STP out of curiosity and also a payment summary - interestingly, in BOTH cases, the YTD figures DO appear - even though they aren't on payslips/pay cheques

anyway - as a long shot, wondering of anyone on here might have any ideas? I've spent many many hours on this so far without luck and concerned that engaging the restore team won't fix my issue as the next rebuild after it would just break it again!

Comments

• Riversands
    Riversands Member Posts: 1
    Options

Since uploading the mid season tax changes, YTD totals for gross pay, payg, super have been zeroed. Can someone tell me how to edit the totals?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @alexuren

It looks like you've been through a fair bit of checking and troubleshooting to get to the bottom of this which is great.

I've just been speaking to our Data Recovery team in regard to the situation you've outlined above. Based on the steps you've been through, including the tests with and without the October tax table update, they've determined there is enough there for the file to need to come in for further analysis. I believe you may have already initiated this and the team just need your file.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,065 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi Alex,

As per our previous email to you, send us the current affected data file along with that last back which still shows the YTD figures to undergo analysis so we can determine whether there is anything we can do to resolve the issue.

Your problem description indicates that the problem with the data file is present even before the October Tax Update was installed and that other data files are not affected.