Mistake in EOFY Finalisation

Options
Mallee
Mallee Member Posts: 10

Hi Team

I have just found a mistake in an employees payment summary but have already sent the EOFY finalisation to the ATO. How do I fix this with the ATO. Do I need to send an updated event?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

What sort of mistake have you found @Mallee?

If you send through an update or any sort of submission for the 2020/21 financial year to correct your issue it will 'unfinalise' the employees and then once its corrected, you can then send through another EOFY finalisation which will finalise them again.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mallee
    Options

Hi Rav

The mistake i found was a large payment to an employee on a different date to the pay run. It was in the 'pay rate" column. But it says Term - LS Post 1993. The ATO want me to unfinalise the report for this employee. and then do an updated event for this employee. I need to know if this is possible with PP and how do I go about it. I am totally baffled as how this happened.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Sending an Update Event (or any other submission) within that previously finalised financial year will automatically 'unfinalise' them. You don't need to do anything specific just to 'unfinalise' them other than sending through your update event that makes any corrections you need to.

Once you've made your correction then you'll need to send through a new EOFY submission so that these employees will be finalised again.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mallee
    Options

Thank you so much Rav.