Failed to submit payroll run to ATO

Options
mascenzo9
mascenzo9 Member Posts: 20
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

This has occurred 2 times now and when I revert to draft and resubmit it, it comes us with this message.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

What is the message?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @mascenzo9

Can I just confirm that you're using the Reckon One service which this discussion has been created under?

Also, where does this message appear specifically? ie. within GovConnect when you attempt to submit OR in Reckon One itself?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• mascenzo9
    Options

hello, Im not sure, Im using reckon payroll on my PC.

This message appears right at the end when I am ready to submit the payrun to the ATO. It comes up with a box that displays the message. When i go in and convert it to a draft to re submit it, it still displays the message. As a result the status of the payrun reads "paid" instead of "done" like the previous payruns.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Go into your company details and check that everything has been completed fully and also that there are no special/invalid characters in any of the fields. In particular if there is a space in front or at the end of an entry in a field. For example you'll see a leading space in front of the 'Legal Name' in the following screenshot.

I'd also recommend checking the employee details as well to ensure they are all complete and there are no invalid characters.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• mascenzo9
    Options

Yes, nothing has changed the last two weeks. I have been using this for almost 2 years and all of a sudden it’s showing this message.

I have not changed any details.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Make sure you have entered the company email address in the relevant section

• Rav
    edited September 2021
    Options

@mascenzo9

I've made a small change on my end which I'm hoping will solve this for you. Can you please logout of Payroll Web, use the 'Logout' option in the top right corner or if you're using the mobile app, logout and close the app in full by swiping it away from any other running apps on your phone.

Once that is done, log back in and attempt to create your pay run and send it through.

Let me know how you get on.

• mascenzo9
    Options

Hello, I have logged out and back in. I have reverted the pay run back to a draft and included this employeed that as paid no tax this pay run. However it still comes up with this message. It does not like this employee. I have checked all the details and are correct. it does not allow me to submit to the ATO. I am using reckon payroll on my PC not the APP on my phone.

• Rav
    Options

Ok thanks for trying @mascenzo9. Just confirming, you've checked over the employee's details in their profile eg. DOB, address, TFN etc and all is valid and completed?

If so, can you shoot me a Private Message with the name of the employee in question and some screenshots of the error message appearing on-screen and I'll see if I can get my app dev team to help us out here.

• mascenzo9
    Options

yes all information is correct. I have double checked. I have been logging in and out for 30 minutes now and during this time i have noticed it is correct on the APP on my phone but not on the PC. Just now i have checked on the PC and the status says "done" just like all the pay runs before it. Im not sure what to make of this. It definetly said "failed to resubmit pay run adjustment to ATO". I am so confused and I am worried when i do next weeks pay run. I do not know how to send a private message to you, can you instruct?

• mascenzo9
    Options

HI Rav, can you help me with this m- 0421889208. I need to get this working.

• Joseph Li
    Joseph Li Member Posts: 499 ✭✭
    Options

If it says “done” on Payroll Web does it also have “success” under the STP tab? Moving forward it is best to ask employee to check myGov income statement.

Since you are using Payroll Web on PC why do you have Payroll App on your phone?

• mascenzo9
    Options

I use the App on my phone to double check figures sometimes. I use the payroll web as my main flat form. This new employee is 14 to & his first job. He is not linked to the ATO yet.

• Joseph Li
    Options

Do you mean he does not have a myGov account linked to ATO? Has he submitted TFN declaration form?

• mascenzo9
    Options

Yes he has a TFN. Yes he has a myGov account but not yet linked to the ATO. He told me his mother tried to link it but it said a phone call was needed.

• Joseph Li
    Options

I think as employer you need to lodge TFN declaration form on behalf of new employee. Payee completes section A, payer completes section B.

• mascenzo9
    Options

Do you think that because this declaration has not been completed yet that this is the reason why he cannot link his my gov account to the ATO? And therefore this could be the reason why the pay run will not successfully submitted?

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    Options

@mascenzo9 considering the age of the employee as you mention there may be some guardianship related confirmation needed by ATO to set up the ATO portal access in the Mygov account.

Best to let that part settle before running a payrun in Payroll app.

• Joseph Li
    Options

This could explain why ATO rejected pay run. But this would not be the reason why he cannot link myGov account to ATO. Mostly likely it is because age, so guardian would phone. Good on you to employ young people. Give him a start.

• mascenzo9
    Options

Thank you so much for your input I will definitely look into it on Monday morning. This could be the reason and you’re right I’ll settle this part of it first. Yes it is wonderful that a young person wants to start work.

• mascenzo9
    Options

Thank you. I will look into this. I appreciate your reply.