Payroll App setting up a Salary non hrly rate worker

EMDPG
EMDPG Member Posts: 9 ✭

I just downloaded payroll basic. trying to set up a Salary emp but can not find the option. Tried to create a new Salary but it says already exists???

How do we do this??

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,253 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @EMDPG

Are you trying to create a custom earnings item called 'Salary'? Rather than naming it that, give it a name of Salary1 or something a little different and let me know if it creates successfully for you

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• EMDPG
    EMDPG Member Posts: 9 ✭

I can try that, no problems. How ever considering it says Salary already exists why can’t I find it to try and use it?

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@EMDPG All payroll systems convert a fixed salary into hourly / daily rates. In case of Reckon Payroll app the hourly rate is used. So in order to enter the employees salary you will have to convert the salary into hourly rate and apply the equivalent ordinary hours worked for the pay period. You may choose to treat the entire salary for the pay period as an hourly rate and use hours worked as 1 hour.