Register Software ID

Options
Thomaswuker1608
Thomaswuker1608 Member Posts: 13

Hi Reckon community,

Recently, I registered Single Touch Payroll for for my new client, but when I put ABN to verify their information with ATO. However, it showed the ABN has been registered already, so now what I need to do to verify with ATO about my new client.

Thank for your help and support.

Kind Regard,

Thomas Nguyen

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Thomaswuker1608

That message means that the specific ABN has already been registered into our GovConnect service or Payroll App.

You'll need to login using the account that the ABN is currently registered under in order to access it.

If you let me know the ABN I can check just to confirm that's the case.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Thomaswuker1608
    Options

Hi Rav,

Thank for response my message, the ABN of my new client is 58 627 233 630, so could you check it for me in this case.

Thank for your help and support.

Best Regard,

Thomas Nguyen.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Thomas,

I've just had a look at that ABN and yes its already registered to GovConnect and been in use for STP submissions.

If you'd like access to it the current owner of the account that its registered in can share the STP entity to your account by following the process in the help guide outlined below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Thomaswuker1608
    Options

Hi Rav,

Do you have other solution for me, because I am the tax accountant on the behalf of my client who do not like their previous accountant and they just move to my service, recently.

Thank for your support and help.

Thomas Nguyen

• Rav
    edited March 2022
    Options

There's not enough information so far to make any concrete recommendations at this stage.

• Is the STP entity for this ABN currently registered to an account owned by the previous accountant? ie. the client/owner of the ABN doesn't have access to the account at all?
    • Or has the owner/authority of the ABN created the account and then shared it with their accountant?

If its the former then the owner of the ABN can request for the STP entity to be transferred to a different account with a signed statutory declaration. Along with the stat dec the request must set out the reasons why the change is needed.

If its the latter then the owner can disable sharing with any other users that the STP entity is shared with by 'Managing Sharing' and then removing the share. They can then share the STP entity to your account.

• Thomaswuker1608
    Options

Hi Rav

My new client does not have access to the account at all because the previous accountant is someone who own and take care the client's STP entity for this ABN. So, how do I can request for the STP entity to be transferred to a different account, could you tell me the solution more details asap ?

Thanks

Thomas

• Rav
    Options

Ok so in that case it sounds like this fits into situation 1 from my earlier post. The owner of the business/authority of the ABN will need to secure a signed statutory declaration and get in touch with our support team to request that the existing STP entity for the ABN be transferred from the current account that its registered under to an account of their own. (They'll need to create an account here if the don't have one already). Or alternatively request that it be transferred to your account.

Its probably a better idea that the client requests to transfer the STP entity to their own account and then share it with you so that they retain access and can manage the sharing aspects but its up to them.

• Thomaswuker1608
    Options

Hi Rav

Currently, I have created the client account under their permission so now. But could I ask something ?

• where I can find statutory declaration sign?
    • So I need to contact your support team and tell them what happen but do I need to provide them any evidence to identify that it is my new client ?

Thanks Rav

Thomas

• Rav
    Options

Statutory declaration forms can be found on the Australian Government Attorney-General's Department website here.

The declaration needs to include the following

• If you are making the declaration on behalf of the company it must state that you are duly authorized.
    • Outlining why a change needs to be made.
    • Include the following line at the end of the statutory declaration: I understand that a person who intentionally makes a false statement in a statutory declaration is guilty of an offence under section 11 of the Statutory Declarations Act 1959, and I believe that the statements in this declaration are true in every particular.
    • Signed by the person making the declaration
    • Signed by a JP