Submitting your EOFY report issue - Leave items error.

Options
Boss
Boss Member Posts: 7 ✭
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi, while updating 20/21 EOFY details which came up in Payroll application incorrectly for unknown reason, after changing amounts in Initial YTDs and trying to Save, getting pop-up error: Could not update employee Unable to save employee leave items.

I did not make any changes Leave entitlements.

Any ideas to to fix this?

Comments

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    Options

@Boss slightly unsure of the nature of the actions you were doing in 20/21 Initial YTDs. Please provide more details -

What details were you updating from the 20/21 EOFY - is the the 20/21 EOFY Payrun in the Payroll App?

Were you updating 20/21 Initial YTD of the employee? Which year did the employee commence?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 7 ✭
    Options

Hi,

I was updating Gross payment, PAYG tax paid and superannuation contribution for 20/21, employees been around for long time, bit we only started using Reckon STP from the beginning of 20/21 financial year.

I have got all pay runs listed in Reckon STP, including 2 pay runs which marked as Rejected, as ATO system was down back then.

I think those 2 Rejected pay runs were counted towards the total amounts in STP causing higher amounts that actually were paid.

I actually managed to amend amounts and complete EOFY reports in Payroll just ignoring that Leave pop-up errors.

Hopefully my accountant will be able to complete tax returns now.

• dannyoc
    dannyoc Member Posts: 2 ✭
    Options

I've got a similar problem. I was using STP (free) and migrated to Payroll (free)

Payroll does not have the pay runs prior to July 2021.

My EOFY figures for FY 20/21 are not correct and so I have not submitted EOFY report for 20/21.

My accountant is on my back to get me to do so.

Tax returns have been submitted based on figures obtained from bank reconciliations and recorded pay runs.

The issues are,

one employee has $10,000 too high wages (EOFY report is higher than tax return)

one employee has $1503.85 too high wages (EOFY report is higher than tax return)

Super guarantee payments are $0 in the EOFY report for both employees.

I tried to create a backdated pay run as an adjustment and did enter negative earnings, but there is no way for me to specify the SG amounts to correct the EOFY report.

How can I tidy this up?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @dannyoc

I tried to create a backdated pay run as an adjustment and did enter negative earnings, but there is no way for me to specify the SG amounts to correct the EOFY report.

Can I just clarify the above, after you performed these adjustments, are earnings balances themselves now correct or are they also still higher than required?

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• dannyoc
    dannyoc Member Posts: 2 ✭
    Options

Hi @Rav

Thanks for getting back to me.

I didn't complete the adjustment with negative earnings, because I could not fix SG. I figured it was better to delete the draft Pay Run until I figured out something which was closest to working correctly.

After posting, I hunted around in the app and realised that the figures in the 20/21 EOFY report were all from the Initial YTD entries. So I have changed the Initial YTD entries to match the actual reconciled figures.

The EOFY report now shows the correct amounts, so I'll submit it and hope for the best.

regards,

Danny

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Great work 👍

My next recommendation would have been to review the initial YTD balances so glad you got there before me 🙂

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.