Not opening correctly

Options

Hi, got new PC, windows 11, got sent new installation key to install my Home Personal Plus and Home inventory 2015 programme, I restored from my back up and rang and got it activate today. I exit the programme, but when I go back in, rather then my data showing up I get the new/existing user question again and so select restore from last backup. Data comes up again, but each time I exit programme and go back in I get same new/user question and have to restore again.

Why is the programme not opening to show the data I restored and holding it, as per the norm.

Looking a prior emails from Reckon back in 2015 I'd also had issues with activation. Any help would be appreciated. I don't require to any internet downloads from Reckon as just used to track home expenses and home assets.

Thanks!

Best Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Barb

I'd recommend checking out the info in our help guide linked below. It contains the various causes of this behaviour including how to resolve it.

In particular, I'd recommend ensuring your file name is less than 8 characters in length.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,235 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

And when you restore the backup make sure you save it to C: drive if needed create a new folder in that location.

When you get the new/existing user question again Dont keep restoring but point to the location that you just restored to.

Cant help you anymore as i am in New Zealand on holidays and wont be back till the end of the month.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

Answers

• Barb_10865159
    Barb_10865159 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Ok that worked my file is opening as normal. I can't get it to open my Home inventory icon thou, any ideas as to how to get that to work so I can restore my home asset data