New Reckon Payments option

Options
NathanB
NathanB Member Posts: 10

Hi,

Just got an email about the new reckon one online payments option. Sounds useful, but Just wondering if it has the ability to automatically pass on the 1.5% charge for using it to the client if they choose it? I send some very large invoices, so I'm not prepared to pay the 1.5%, but if the client is then that's fine.

Cheers,

Nathan.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @NathanB

From what I understand yes its certainly possible to surcharge with Reckon Payments.

I don't have the specifics on ‘how’ just yet but I'm trying to get that info from the team and will let you know as soon as I have it.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @NathanB

Just wanted to get back to you on this. I've confirmed with the team that the surcharge with Reckon Payments is automatically passed on to the recipient of the invoice/your customer not yourself as the merchant.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• NathanB
    Options

Ok that's great, Thanks Rav.

• NathanB
    Options

Hi Rav. I've just setup Reckon payments, and when i click on the pay now option and click credit card payment, there is no processing fee showing, just "--".

• Rav
    Options

Hey @NathanB

My dev team have just let me know that this should be ok now.

Can you give this another go when you have a chance and let me know if it successful for you?

• NathanB
    Options

Hi Rav,

No I still have the same issue.

Cheers,

Nathan.

• Rav
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hmmm ok thanks, sorry about that. Let me take this back up with the team for another look.

Will keep you posted.

• Rav
    Options

Hey Nathan

Just a quick update for you, I've just got off the phone with our Reckon Payments lead and they've given me some additional info.

Essentially, the Processing Fee field will populate on the second screen after the credit card details have been input but prior to payment actually being submitted by the recipient. I've added a screenshot example as below.

This is due to card validation/security checks and calculations occurring after hitting 'Proceed' on that first screen to the second which just prior to the recipient submitting the payment.

I have asked our Reckon Payments team to see if those screens/flow can be sharpened up to make it a bit less confusing around this aspect which they'll take a look into.

• NathanB
    Options

Hi Rav,

Thanks for that, Yes that is quite confusing. I think I need that processing fee stated a little clearer before I start using it. Could you please get the developers to disable the payment feature for me until this is addressed? I noticed for some reason I can't deactivate the feature myself.

Cheers,

Nathan.

• Rav
    Options

Yep I can arrange that for you, can you shoot me the email address of your Reckon One account in a Private Message and I'll reach out to the team.

• Rav
    Options

Hey @NathanB

Just checking in on this. Can you please confirm for me if your Reckon Payments integration is now disabled on your end?

• NathanB
    Options

Hi Rav,

Sorry been on holidays for a few weeks. No this option is still enabled unfortunately...

• Rav
    Options

Hmmm sorry about that. The team let me know it should have been done so just wanted you to confirm.

Let me follow this up again, apologies for all the back & forth.