**RESOLVED** Reckon One - Unexpected Error when processing bills/bank payments (18 May)

Options
Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
edited May 2023 in Reckon One

Unexpected Error when processing bills/bank payments

Hi everyone

We're currently investigating an issue occurring in Reckon One where you may encounter the above error message when attempting to process a bill or bank payment.

Our teams look to have identified the cause and are currently working toward a solution for it.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience this is causing our Reckon One users at the moment. We'll have further updates below as soon as possible.

⚠🚨 UPDATE 🚨⚠

THIS ISSUE IS NOW RESOLVED.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

** UPDATE **

Hi everyone,

Our Reckon One dev team is narrowing in on a fix for this and we're in the process of testing at the moment.

Pending the results of this, we'll look to roll the fix into Reckon One ASAP.

Thanks so much for your patience everyone!

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• shaunv
    shaunv Member Posts: 6
    Options

Hello,

Thanks for the update.

But this is seriously a joke from Reckon

I have lodge this issue with support via Phone and Email on Tuesday 16th May 2023. I have called every day, twice for an update, each time i get a new operator who is unaware of this issue, and they can just advise that my this issue that i am reporting, has been sent to the developer. They say someone will call me, or email me the same day and no response.

It is a real shame that none of the support operators are aware of the issue, and can say "Hey, yes we are aware of the issue it is effecting a lot of customers and we are working on it"

Here I am, wasting my time trying to find a work around because it feels that i was the only one having this issue.

Reckon, you need better communication to your customers.

• shaunv
    Options

Further to my comment above, this system error should really be posted at https://status.reckon.com/incidents and a message should be displayed when users log in to their books, that there is an error, and it is being investigated.

• Rav
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi @shaunv

This issue started occurring earlier today in Reckon One at large ie. for everyone so I'm surprised that you've mentioned you experienced it on Tuesday but with that said, its possible. Can you let me know the case number from your call/email with our support team and I'll follow up on that.

Cheers

• shaunv
    Options

Hi Rav

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Unfortunately they never gave me a case number. But each time i call they assure me it is lodged with the developer.

I will pm you my book account details perhaps you can look up this way.

Ive also spent around 3 hours trying to work on a work around with no luck. Bills seem to not load, but payroll items seem to be Ok.

• Rav
    Options

** UPDATE **

Hi everyone

The fix for this issue has passed testing and is now in the process of being deployed into the Reckon One service. It may take a little while to fully propagate across however you should start to see things returning to normal during bill/bank payment actions.

Let me know if you continue to experience any issues with this as I'd be keen to hear your feedback either way.

Cheers

• shaunv
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi Rav,

Thank you.

I just tested one of my books, and i can now add payments to the creating an aba process.

My question to you though is, i definitely reported this issue through support on Tuesday.

How did it only get noticed today by support?

What caused the issue ?

Also was the issue effecting all Reckon One customers ?

• shaunv
    Options

Hi @Rav

Any response to the above?

• sclarke
    sclarke Member Posts: 6
    Options

It was definitely not just you affected as I was affected as well.

Both in being unable to make payments, and my clients being unable to pay me (for those who also use Reckon One).

• Rav
    Options

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you @shaunv, was out of the office on Friday.

I had a look at the notes from the support team on the case you lodged last week. Your report certainly did come in prior to this issue affecting Reckon One-wide performance. At that time, our technicians troubleshooted the problem and also tried to replicate this issue in their own Reckon One test books (which are in the same production environment as the live service) however were not able to which pointed to it being an isolated issue which required further investigation. Due that, it was escalated to our developers so they can take a closer look, this step does take some time. Unfortunately though, the issue progressed to then impacting bill and bank payments across what looked to be all of Reckon One (I haven't seen the incident report yet so that's just an assumption at this stage) which is where I created the the announcement above and the issue was resolved shortly after.

I do sincerely apologise for the hassle and frustration this issue caused, issues that affect key pieces of functionality are never ideal.

Hi @sclarke

Is this functionality working correctly for you now after the resolution of the issue last week?

• shaunv
    Options

Hi @Rav

Thanks Rav for responding.

I think a discussion needs to happen internally with management on how the support team communicate with the developers back and fourth.

The frustrating part is, when I did make the call on the Tuesday, I tested this across several books a total of 4, i tested them on different browsers, different computers and even a book that was not linked to my username and totally separate from my other books. I left a payment open, and tested on the phone with support on my book, and support on the phone produced the same error using my book. They had access to my book, and went to process a payment that i created and received the same error.

Level 2 support or the developer, could of simply reached out to me to get more information which they never did. If Level 2 support made contact with me, they would of been able to produce the error and view my notes correctly and act on the situation faster.

Anyway, glad its fixed now, but I have very little faith in Reckon phone support and communication. I appreciate your fast response, but for the basic user the phone support is first contact, and it is very poor.

Cheers

• sclarke
    sclarke Member Posts: 6
    Options

I believe all is good now.

I've also had bad experience with Reckon support, which is not at all positive. I came across a feature which is completely broken and not fit for purpose (eInvoicing), and all support did was remove the feature from my account and didn't even undo what changes it had done.

The issue has been reported before me, yet it was still unfixed with no warning and also affected other customers after me. So zero care shown there. If the feature has issues, it's not hard to add a warning to the page so that other customers can at least avoid it rather than leaving it there and having it keep screwing up for more and more people.

This discussion has been closed.