🚨 IMPORTANT - Payroll Premier 2023/24 tax issue - SOLVED ✅

Options
Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,537 Community Manager Community Manager
edited July 2023 in Payroll Premier

Payroll Premier 2023/24 - Tax issue

Hi everyone,

We are aware of an issue impacting tax rates 1 - 6 in Payroll Premier 2023 resulting in tax amounts not calculating correctly.

We have found the root cause and we are in the process of fixing it with the highest priority as we speak.

Until the fix is released, we have removed the download link to Payroll Premier 2023 from our website.

Our current recommendation is to not install Payroll Premier 2023/24 that was released on 28 June 2023. A new version of the .exe installer will be available for all our Payroll Premier customers mid-next week.

We appreciate this isn't ideal especially at this time of year and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Further information and updates on this issue and fix will be made below as soon as possible.

📢 ℹ UPDATE ℹ📢

THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST UPDATE

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    Options

Will this be fixed by Monday?

And if we have already installed 23/24 do we uninstall and wait for the new one??

• Rockdown65
    Rockdown65 Member Posts: 12
    Options

Will the fix also fix the issue some of us are having with the actual install as well?? My first payroll for the new financial year is on Tuesday the 4th July!!!!

• JANE_9714211
    JANE_9714211 Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Options

My first payroll is on Wednesday 5th. I really hope this matter is resolved by then.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,537 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

@Kali

Its recommended to uninstall the current edition you have. The release that is coming next week will be a new .exe installation.

@Rockdown65 the fix will only address the errors with tax calculations. Issues with installation aren't related and its best to have a chat with our support team if you continue to experience any problems with installation after following the steps in the Installation & Upgrade Guide once the new release comes out next week.

Apologies guys, I know this is far from ideal at EOFY time. Our teams are already on the case and will be conducting some pretty extensive testing before we can push the new release out.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Anna_7618698
    Anna_7618698 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Rav

Thanks for the update. Hopefully this is resolved early, as first payrun is on Tuesday 4 July 2023. I note however, that my tax scale list does say "Last Update 1/7/2023".

• Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Rav,

Ok will uninstall now.

Definitely less than idea before a lot of us need to go live Monday. I assume the team will be working on this as a matter or urgency over the weekend? We cannot not pay people Monday.

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for always keeping us informed here @Rav

Hope to see the new version sooner rather than later.

• Leanne_9728175
    Leanne_9728175 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Hi Rav,

I need to do a July pay in advance today as I am away next week - can I process this in the current 2022/23 software and just do manual adjustments for super to 11%? Since majority of tax rates are staying the same. Thanks.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Leanne

Yes you certainly can, as you've mentioned just take care of the super that is changing to 11% along with any other tax changes that may be applicable.

• JANE_9714211
    Options

Hi Rav,

Can we please get an update with what's happening with the payroll premier 23/24 situation?

Thank you.

• Rav
    Options

Morning @JANE & everyone

The work and testing that was conducted over the weekend went well from what I'm hearing. I'm expecting confirmation on when the new release will be available shortly so will post another update in the next few minutes.

• lauranguyen
    lauranguyen Member Posts: 5
    Options

Has the Tax Table Jun23 updated yet? Our IT could not find the new tax table for this financial year.

Your advice, thanks

• Rav
    Options

📢📢 UPDATE 📢📢

Hi again everyone

The issue with incorrect tax calculations has been resolved and a new version of Payroll Premier 2023/24 has been released and is available for download HERE.

The download link in the Members Area will be re-enabled shortly but I wanted to get it to our folks on the Community here as soon as possible so you can obtain the updated version using the link above.

Its a full new installation so if you currently have the Payroll Premier 2023/24 edition that was released on 28 June 2023, please uninstall it and download the new version available now.

Thanks for your patience while we worked through this everyone, we really do appreciate it and apologise again for the hassle & inconvenience this has caused.

• JANE_9714211
    Options

Thank goodness this issue has been resolved. I have now updated Payroll Premier 23/24.

• Rockdown65
    Rockdown65 Member Posts: 12
    Options

Mine is on the 4th and there is about 80people on the payroll. A little concerned to say the least

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    Options

Glad this is solved. Upgrade take 2 went through without a hitch

• MC_Cookes
    MC_Cookes Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi There,

A bit of feedback regarding this update - We never received any communication regarding this important update, the first time we heard of this was when we were seeking support AFTER the first pay run of the new FY.

A simple email out to the user base would have saved a lot of headaches in businesses, and also for your support team.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.