Disaggregation of Gross with Rolled Up / All Purpose Allowances under STP2

Options
Graham Boast
Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner

Hi All

This is my simplified method for payroll where an all-purpose or rolled-up hourly rate needs to be disaggregated into various components under STP2.

I hope you find it useful.

Graham Boast 0409317366

Reckon Accredited Partner

graham@reckonhelp.com.au

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

Comments

• Johanna
    Johanna Member Posts: 7 ✭
    Options

This is just what I needed - thank you so much. This way I can still accurately allocate all costs to our jobs via the timesheet function.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,482 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Thank you as always for your insights @Graham Boast! 👏

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,132 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    Options

Thanks Graham - well done! Much appreciated!

• Tiffany
    Tiffany Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Graham

What does the STP file look like when it is processed ? Will the gross amount be what you have entered in the normal pays and then the allowances would also be added in different tax types ie. tools, tasks etc So wouldnt this double up the gross pay and allowances ?

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    Options

Hi Tiffany

You can see the how it shows in the STP portal in the paper I have done. The offset allowance comes off the gross, so there is no double counting.

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Tiffany
    Tiffany Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Options

Ok now I see what you are proposing , thanks Graham but either way we have to do a manual calculation whether it be 17.5% loading or deducting the totals of the allowances from the gross . I think I will stick with the manually loading calculation as then there are no additional items that need to be accounted for in the payroll summary etc to balance with the STP, each to their own I guess. Thank you for your suggestion. 🙏