Can't Delete Old Employee from Payroll Premier Migration

Options
Mark_9171963
Mark_9171963 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi guys,

Our migration from Payroll Premier to Reckon Payroll went quite smoothly. Except for an old terminated employee who hasn't worked for us for over 20 years somehow made it through the migration process and ended up appearing in Reckon Payroll somehow.

We have tried terminating him and them archiving him. Once archived if we delete him he magically reappears a minute later.

This guy doesn't seem to want to leave us! Any suggestions?

Cheers. Mark.

Best Answer

• Mark_9171963
    Answer ✓
    Options

Wonderful news Rav, thanks for persevering with this. Glad to be rid of that guy at last!

Please pass on our appreciation to the dev team.

Cheers Mark

Answers

• Lucas
    Lucas Reckon Staff Posts: 134 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi @Mark_9171963,

That's really strange, I suggest just leaving them in archived for now. But I will be asking my team, if they have ever heard of this happening.

If you have any other information that may have affected the migration, please reply to this comment.

Thank you and speak soon.

Cheers,

Lucas

• Mark_9171963
    Options

Thanks Lucas, we will keep him on ice for the time being.

Regards,

Mark.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,457 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Mark_9171963

After you try deleting this particular employee (after archiving), do you encounter any error message or does it successfully delete only to reappear shortly after?

Does the same thing occur if you attempt to delete the employee without archiving first?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mark_9171963
    Options

Hi Rav,

No error message is encountered. The employee seems to be successfully deleted only to mysteriously reappear a minute later.

And yes, the same thing happenned when we initially tried deleting the employee prior to archiving him.

Successful deletion screen capture below:

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,457 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Thanks Mark

I've just sent through an access request to your book, it'll come through as an automated email to the registered email address.

When you have a chance can you please grant access and I'll try to give it a go on my end. If that doesn't work, (which I have a feeling it won't unfortunately), I'll get it over to my dev team to take a closer look and hopefully resolve for you.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mark_9171963
    Options

Hi Rav. We have granted access.

• Rav
    Options

Cheers Mark,

Just gave it a go and unfortunately had the same result. I've put the details of this together into a case and sent it over to my dev team to investigate.

I'll let you know as soon as I get further news about it from the team.

• Mark_9171963
    Options

Thanks Rav much appreciated.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Mark_9171963

Just looping back to this, I was hoping it would have been solved by now but unfortunately the devs hit some snags with an update they were working on so things have been a little delayed.

They're re-looking at this now though and I've just sent through a new access request to your book. Can you please grant access when you have a chance and I'll get the devs on this ASAP.

Cheers and apologies again for the delay in getting this sorted.

• Mark_9171963
    edited January 11
    Options

Hi Rav, no problem and thank you. I have just granted access to our book.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Mark_9171963

I know its been a long time coming and I do apologise for that but my devs have let me know that this should now be sorted.

Can you please try deleting the particular employee now and let me know if you're able to successfully delete them.

Let me know when you have a chance.

Cheers

• Mark_9171963
    Options

Hi Rav, thanks for getting back to me.

Unfortunately I've tried to delete him twice today from the Archived Employees register and he keeps bouncing back next time I log in. Back to the Devs I suppose?

• Rav
    Options

Hmm that's disappointing to hear ☹️

Unfortunately, yes I'll need to get them to take another look at what's happening here. I'll keep you posted.

Apologies for the hassle this is causing.

• Mark_9171963
    edited February 2
    Options

It's not causing a hassle at all. Would be good to get it resolved one day however.

Interestingly, the employee mysteriously made it back into our current employees list this week and we had to re-archive him. Maybe we should never have fired him all those years ago?

• Rav
    Options

Haha maybe maybe! He doesn't seem to be going away does he 😅

I've let my developer know that its still occurring so hopefully will get some further news to share very soon.

• Rav
    Options

Hey Mark,

I've just flicked through a new access request, lets give this another go.

If you can please grant access when you've got a moment that would be great.

Thanks so much for your patience.

• Mark_9171963
    Options

Hi Rav. Done and good luck!

• Rav
    Options

Hey @Mark_9171963

There's been a bit of work happening on getting this sorted by the devs and they seem pretty close to getting it over the line.

They have however asked to me to confirm with you that you understand once the employee is deleted from Reckon Payroll, its an irreversible process and any data associated with this specific employee cannot be recovered for any reason afterward.

I know you mentioned that this employee was terminated a very, very long time ago so I'm guessing you won't have any reservations around this but I just wanted to give you heads up and get your final go-ahead.

Let me know when you can.

Cheers!

• Mark_9171963
    Options

Hi Rav, yes that is fine. Please get rid of him. He only worked for us for 1 week over 20 years ago!

So long as the devs don't get rid of any of our current employees or change any current settings I'll be happy.

Cheers. Mark.

• Rav
    Options

Hey @Mark_9171963

After many months, I'm happy to say this should finally now be sorted for you.

Take a look when you've next got a chance just to confirm and let me know.

Thanks again for your patience, I know it was a long time coming and I do apologise for the delay in us getting this sorted.