How can I print a Item List with ALL the characters printing out

Options
Ristus
Ristus Member Posts: 3

Hi,

I need a way to print/export The full content of "Description" and "Purchase Descriptions" fields - not abbreviated with " " at the end of each line of all items in my system. I also tried exporting to csv file and it still cuts the fields down.

Is there a way to overcome this. thankyou

Answers

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,318 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Are the columns wide enough when you look at the report in Reckon?

• Ristus
    Options

Hi Kris,

Thank you for the suggestion . Widening the columns on the screen in the report does not bring in any extra information. They all stop at a set number of characters even though the item fields allow for a lot more in the individual item set up. Is there any other way to widen them ?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,318 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Sorry to hear that I don’t have any other suggestions unfortunately

• Tanvi_kataria
    Tanvi_kataria Reckon Staff Posts: 144 Reckon Staff
    edited April 8
    Options

Hi @Ristus

Can you please share some screenshot on how the content/fields are cutting down?

Also, please check the Advanced settings for the Reports as well, as in the screenshot below -

Please feel free to let us know, for any concerns/issues and if require, we do a screenshare and check the settings and help you get that fixed.

You can message me directly with your details, so I can contact you. Thank you!

Regards

Tanvi

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,079 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi @Ristus

As a test:

I updated an item so that it has a very large amount of text in the Description.

1 - Acacial Chenile European Cover, White - 65x65cm

2 - Acacial Chenile European Cover, White - 65x65cm

3 - Acacial Chenile European Cover, White - 65x65cm

4 - Acacial Chenile European Cover, White - 65x65cm

I generated an Item List report and it shows up as below, confirming that the text is not fully displayed.

Consider exporting the Item List.

Follow Steps 1 to 4 only using the guide below.

The resulting export file will be a tab-delimited text file, which you can open in Excel.

There in Excel you can modify it further if needed.

In the export file it will display the full text of the description and purchase description fields.

• Ristus
    Options

Thankyou very much. I have had success with this.