Can't Edit Account Default and Payrun can't mark paid

Options
thanh1989
thanh1989 Member Posts: 5 āœ­

Hi,

I'm just setting up payroll for clients. The payrun can't mark paid,

Errors "Journal transaction has no account yet".

I went to Setting - General Setting - Account Default -> There is no account defaults in my drop down. It's alway there when I set up new book for client in the past, never come across this before.

I tried creating liability accoubt for witholdding amounts, drop down list as below

I selected Payroll payable 2-1370, then went back to payrun, and mark it paid, but still same error messge pop up as before "Journal transaction has no account yet".

Could you please get back to me as soon as possible, my clients are waiting for me to do payrun, and I need wages detail to make payment for super, and prepraring BAS for March quarter.

Thank you

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,440 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @thanh1989

After you made the default account selection in the settings menu, did you recreate the pay run before marking it as paid again or mark the existing one you had created?

If its the latter, can you do me a favour and either recreate the pay run from scratch or just edit something within the existing pay run so that it 'refreshes' eg. change the $ rate or hours for an employee and then change it back before marking it as paid.

Let me know how you get on.

ā„¹ļø Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• thanh1989
    thanh1989 Member Posts: 5 āœ­
    Options

Hi @Rav

After mading the default account selection in the settings menu, I recreated the pay run before marking it as paid again. It still the same as before, error message pop up said "Journal transaction has no account yet".

It looks like the problem only for the book create under Partner portal, 2 clients have the same problem.

At the same time, I helped my client set up the book, Not under Partner portal, no problem with it,

I found out there is also a problem with create new pay item, there is no expense account to choose - Can't create new pay item

I checked existing pay items, No expense account for all of them