2024 Sage Migration Issues

Options
Dfly
Dfly Member Posts: 4

Is anyone else having major issues with migration - tax codes, wrong account allocations, no sales figures in GST summary reports etc - all compounded by the fact that lag time on email queries is at least a few days or more?

Also, Customer Service are unable to answer what needs to be done with migrated Sage transactions that show "UNCLEARED" in Reckon One Transactions. Does anyone know if we have to reconcile all transactions again (that have already been done in Sage prior to migration)

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,439 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hey there @Dfly

Really sorry to hear you've run into some trouble with your migration over to Reckon One.

Have you received confirmation that your migration has been completed from the team already or is it still in-progress at this stage?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Dfly
    Options

Hi Rav,

Yes. Received an initial email to confirm migration had been done but, as I said, multiple issues have ensued.

FYI, I signed up on March 21 for migration however initial data wasn't completed until April 6 (when I received confirmation email) - this only happened after I chased Customer Service 2 weeks after I signed up - having been told it would take 3-5 days and it was made high priority. Then, as stated, the migration was full of errors, which were hard to pinpoint as I was trying to familiarise myself with the new system. I am still working through it.

Communication has been extremely disappointing and confusing. I have made several phone calls to both initial Customer Service and Support (who have great tips when you are dealing with correct data) but I keep getting told to refer to MMC Convert as they can't answer weird migration issues. This situation has been going on way too long for what I was led to believe by Customer Service was a simple process. Some good news this afternoon, MMC Convert have finally offered and confirmed a Zoom Call. So fingers crossed.

I am most interested to find out if I am the only one experiencing this. Would also love to find out about the "UNCLEARED" question if you have a quick answer to that.

Thanks

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,439 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Dfly

I spoke with the MMC team last night in regard to your migration to get an understanding of where things are at and what's occurred so far.

They've acknowledged there was certainly some room for improvement here, particularly around the communication when it came to some difficulties around reports and they'll look to make some changes there to ensure we're doing a better job. I do apologise for that, we want our new users migrating over to be kept informed and understand what's happening throughout the process even if things are taking longer than anticipated.

They mentioned, as you did above as well, they're looking to organise a call to get everything sorted and I think that might be the best next step as well.

In regard to your question around reconciled transactions, while I'm not across that detail just yet I would assume previously reconciled transactions would also be reconciled in Reckon One as part of the migration. Let me get some confirmation around this though and I'll come back to you.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Dfly
    Options

Thank you for looking into this Rav - I have had some things fixed overnight - no doubt you had something to do with pushing that along. So thankyou! MMC tell me it was another "glitch" in their system (the second major "glitch" for me). This second "glitch" issue was emailed to them on April 11.

MMC have also finally done the reconciliation that I presumed should have been part of the process in the first place. FYI, no-one could tell me whether that was part of the process or not. Not Customer Sales here in Sydney or Customer Support - who, incidentailly, initially told me I would have to do it myself AND fix all of the missing tax codes myself on my first call to them. My gut told me that shouldn't be right, so I kept on asking. My last attempt at speaking with Customer Service yesterday referred me back to MMC Convert, which is when I finally resorted to the discussion board.

Not being an accountant and getting used to this new system within the migration process, I have wasted hours trying to figure out what isn't right and who to ask to fix it, getting passed back and forth. I am now almost a month in and shouldn't have to work this hard to get a simple book across. There is a huge disconnect between what you should expect to see when you receive your email saying the migration is complete. With no intermediary between Sales and Support when dealing with MMC's extremely poor communication and execution, it has been beyond frustrating and time-consuming. Customer Service should have been able to answer my simple questions or, at the very least, tell me the migration wasn't completed properly. Not even the youtube video that I found today by Michelle Bridgford which, while helpful, would not have given me any insight into my dilemma.

I really hope no-one is struggling as much as I am but I would urge those migrating to check EVERYTHING.

• Rav
    Options

Very fair and valid feedback and I completely understand where you're coming from.
    I'll be speaking with our teams around this along with the MMC team as well as we want this process to be as seamless as possible for our new users coming over to Reckon One from Sage.

Verifying your data post-migration is a really important step in the process and if there are issues or inaccuracies that have come about in the migration we need to have MMC investigate as the first step so its disappointing this wasn't facilitated from the outset. Certainly some improvements for us to look at making to ensure everyone is on the same page.

I fully appreciate it can be daunting enough to get accustomed to a new software so if you have any questions around how to use Reckon One or its features/functionality etc, please sing out here on the Community and we'll do our best to help 🙂

• Dfly
    Options

Thank you for your message Rav.

I notice that the issue in my TOP CUSTOMERS query has now been addressed and allocated to the best of MMC's ability - though I did not receive an email from MMC to confirm it was done.

I still wonder why my VISA PAYMENTS are showing up as TOP CUSTOMERS on the dashboard page. MMC advised that they had to give the payments from my business account to my Visa Account a code as there wasn't anything they could use from the Sage data - they initially chose "No Name - C". They also applied "No Name - C" to refunds that came back into my accounts from Expenses (a refund from a subscription and one for parking). I don't think this is correct but I don't who to talk with about this. Feels like it needs to be someone that knows about both the Sage system and Reckon.

Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.