Error occurred when saving invoice.

CarolynEarthmoving
CarolynEarthmoving Member Posts: 6 Reckoner Reckoner
edited September 2 in Reckon One

Im having trouble saving an invoice in Reckon One. When I go to save the invoice a message appears on my screen unexpected error occurred. how can I fix this?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Welcome to the Reckon Community @CarolynEarthmoving and thanks for flagging this.

Is this occurring on a new invoice that you're creating from scratch then saving? Or a previously created invoice that you're now completing and saving?

Is there any difference at all if you logout of Reckon One completely (use the Back to Portal in the top right corner and then logout) and then log back in before trying again?

Which browser are you using at the moment? Does the same error message appear if you try Reckon One on a different browser?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• CarolynEarthmoving

I created a new invoice and went to save it. The error came up and the invoice didn't save. I then created a new one and started again as directed by the reckon support and the same error was still occurring. I have logged in and out and restarted my computer multiple times but the issue is still occurring. I've used safari, Microsoft edge and google chrome to access reckon one and try other browsers but still had the same issue.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @CarolynEarthmoving

Is this occurring on any customer you attempt to create an invoice for at the moment? Or does it occur no matter who the customer is that you select?

Would you be ok if we tested in your book by creating a new invoice and see if we can observe the error. It will be deleted immediately after.

Will wait to hear from you before doing so.

Cheers

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• CarolynEarthmoving

Hi Rav, That sounds good. I have an invoice up currently in reckon one that has the error on it. I will await for your instructions.

• Rav

Thanks @CarolynEarthmoving

Just had a quick look and tried creating a dummy invoice for the same customer as INV1812. I added a couple of items and then tried saving and it seemed to work normally.
    See screenshot below of the saved invoice in the invoice list screen. (Please note - I've deleted this dummy invoice now).

If you currently have an invoice open on-screen can I get you to try saving it again and if it doesn't work, take a screenshot of the error that appears straight away. There's info on how to take a screenshot on Windows 11 from Microsoft HERE (if you need it).

Send through that screenshot to me here.

Next, if you have a new invoice to create please try doing so and see if that is successful.

Let me know how you get on.

• CarolynEarthmoving

Hi Rav, I had to create a second invoice to put the remainder of the dates on it. If I go to add another item on Invoice 1811, that's when the error comes up.

• CarolynEarthmoving

The error message didn't occur when I created the next invoice. Maybe it was because it was a large invoice?

• Rav

Just to clarify, the next invoice you tried to create saved normally? Does that mean invoice 1811 is the only one this error message is appearing on?

• CarolynEarthmoving

Yes, next invoice created saved normally.

Invoice 1811 is the only one with this error.

I created invoice 1810, then received the error. I then created another invoice 1811 and received the same error.

I then had to create another invoice to finish off the remaining amounts.

• Rav

Ok thank you for that info @CarolynEarthmoving

I'm going to shoot you a private message just to get one little bit of extra info.

Cheers!

• cboyce
    cboyce Member Posts: 7 Reckoner Reckoner

Hi Rav, I've posted the same message on another post in reckon community. The unexpected error has only started happening in the last 2 months. I've looked back on previous invoices, and they are all long for the month.

• Rav

Hi @cboyce

In this particular case, we found that the error message was appearing due to the invoice containing over 50 items. This is the current limit however we'll be raising this to 75 items very soon.

In your specific case, do you notice this error appearing on invoices that have, or approaching 50 items in the individual invoice?

• cboyce

Hi Rav, I've gone back to previous invoices and on one invoice I counted approximately 70 lines and didn't have an issue back then. The error seems to be happening on the last couple of invoices.

• Rav

Hmm ok that's interesting @cboyce. The latest info I have on this is the limit has been imposed to prevent performance issues.

If those latest 2 invoices that are exhibiting this error message have a high number of items (over 50 at the current time) then I'd recommend splitting them if possible. The limit will be raised to 75 in the next update Reckon One receives, which at this stage is targeted toward the end of next week.

• cboyce

Thanks Rav. That would be great. I'll check in then