STP - successful but no details

Amanda Oldfield
Amanda Oldfield Member Posts: 2
edited July 2019 in Payroll Premier

needing help and after nearly 2 hours on hold to the STP direct line I'm ready to give up....we have been using govconnect for 12 months and thought we had lodged all payruns successfully but the ATO has rang to say they have no record!!! When we submit a payrun, we click on the Upload button, select our file and we get a "successful" sign appear.  However we dont see ANY other details. After watching some youtube videos I'm now aware that we should see a window with lists of payruns and which ones have been successful etc.  Has anyone else had similar troubles????

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,252 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi Amanda,
    If you access the Reckon GovConnect from the same Portal account that you use to submit the pay event files, you'll find the list of previously submitted pay events here.
    Login to the Reckon Portal HERE

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Helen Bowers
    Helen Bowers Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2019
    Amanda. Have you gone through the "Submit" process? That is required after you successfully upload your pay file. You need to answer the questions re the lodgement. Then your full process is complete. Good idea to re-watch the video as it will help.
  • Amanda Oldfield
    Amanda Oldfield Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019

thanks for replying Helen... first I have heard of a "submit" process!! Our govconnect page has NOTHING else on it except the upload button.  We are using accounts premier, it says to "add data here", we seem to find our file ok and like I said we do get the word "successful" appear once uploaded.  Im starting to wonder if it is the way we are saving our payroll before being directed to gov connect
  • Helen Bowers
    Helen Bowers Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2019
    Amanda, the upload onto the Reckon GovConnect Portal is only the first step. Once you have successfully uploaded the file it must then be submitted to the ATO. The only task that the Portal does is to accept your file ready for submission to the ATO. Until you receive a successful submission, the ATO have no knowledge of your file. Your task is to ensure that the ATO know and register the number of your Portal. That means you have to log on to the ATO and register the Portal number from your software provider. For example, Reckon Accounts may have a different number to Reckon Payroll Premier. So make sure you have registered the correct software otherwise the file will not go to the ATO. It will just sit on the Portal! Reckon knowledge base has lots of information on how this works and where to find the registered number.