Comments on New Community Platform

Options
John Graetz
John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in About Reckon Community

HI Rav

After having a look around, my first impressions on the new platform are positive. I like the idea that Reckon Announcements sit at the front of the queue and that there is an ability to dismiss the post if it is not relevant, or no longer relevant e.g. the post about NZ Maintenance, this morning.

There are of course, many other conversations which are of no relevance because they deal with products or problems which do not concern me. Will you be making an option available which will enable us to dismiss (and remove) any posts which are of no relevance to us as individuals?

On another point. This relates to the category which I have to select for this discussion. Whilst at the bottom of the list there is one which says "About Reckon Community", I am not able to select it, hence I posted it under Reckon Hosted. Is there a reason why it cannot be selected?

John L G

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Really appreciate your feedback @John Graetz and its awesome to hear that overall you're finding the new platform to be a good change 😀.

There are of course, many other conversations which are of no relevance because they deal with products or problems which do not concern me. Will you be making an option available which will enable us to dismiss (and remove) any posts which are of no relevance to us as individuals?

Great question. This was actually one of the big considerations in our selection and design of this new platform. I'm actually writing up a how-to article on this now as well that hopefully addresses this very aspect and I'll summarise below.

Our new Community has a feature called 'Category Following'. Its fairly different to how it worked on the previous platform where following a category would subscribe you to all activity within that category. (There was a lot of negative feedback on that where folks found it became spammy).

The 'Category Following' in this new platform allows you to follow the categories that you find interesting and then it will 'filter' your Community experience to only show content from those particular categories. This way you won't need to wade your way through a whole bunch of conversations which aren't of particular interest to you.

To follow a category or categories, head over to the main Category page HERE, and click on the cog symbol for a specific category and select the 'Follow' option.

You can then use the 'View' option on the home page and switch it to the 'Following' option which will then filter the content you see from only the Categories you are following.

On another point. This relates to the category which I have to select for this discussion. Whilst at the bottom of the list there is one which says "About Reckon Community", I am not able to select it, hence I posted it under Reckon Hosted. Is there a reason why it cannot be selected?

I was going to use this particular category to fill out articles and content that relate to the new Community platform itself and in particular some how-to's and/or FAQ's initially before opening it up to everyone but I think since the platform is so new and there is feedback like this coming in, I'll do that shortly.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.