Deleting employee from EOFY

Options
damotors
damotors Member Posts: 6
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I have entered a termination date (in 19/20) for an employee but they are still showing on my EOFY summaries for 20/21. Termination date was within previous financial year (19/20) and no payroll entries for this employee have been made for 20/21. The numbers are showing all $0 but EOFY summary incorrectly showing I have 2 employees instead of 1. I have also archived this terminated employee. How do I delete their details in my EOFY for 20/21??

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,423 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @damotors

Was this an employee who was terminated and had an end date applied to them in the STP app and then migrated over to the Payroll App?

We've just released an update to the Payroll App this morning which will allow you to enter a termination date for employees. More info in the linked announcement below.

I'd recommend downloading the latest v2.11.15 update first then going into this particular employee's profile and entering the original termination date in the Employment tab here ie. the date in 19/20 when the employee was terminated in the STP app originally.

Once that is done, open a NEW 2020/21 EOFY finalisation submission and this employee should no longer be included.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• damotors
    Options

My app is this new version. I have reentered the termination date but the employee is still showing in my 20/21 EOFY summaries as a second employee with values all nil $0.00.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,423 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Was the termination date you just entered a date in the 2019/20 financial year OR today's date?

Does this employee have any Year to Date balance listed in their profile for the 2020/21 year? Check the 'Initial YTD' tab in their profile.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• damotors
    Options

Termination date entered is 23 March 2020. They have a $0 balance in their profile for 20/21 and their initial YTD is also $0 for 20/21. They are still showing as a current employee on the EOFY summary for 20/21.

I did complete some updates/alterations in their payroll figures for 19/20. These updates were completed in August 2020. Although the updates did not place any amounts in 20/21, do you think that the employee is showing because the updates were completed in August 2020?

• redchofch1956
    redchofch1956 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Hello Rav,

I seem to have the same issue as @damotors .

I have one 'active' employee which now reads correct balances now that I have been able to edit those balances.

However, I have one 'archived' employee who has a termination date of 9/9/19 which I have just entered under employment details. There are blanks in all 'financial year' tabs in this person's profile (I'm not thinking this should be a problem even though she was paid in previous FY's and appropriately reported on those occasions?)

So the issue is that my current EOFY report still shows this employee (although archived) with zero balances in all FY tabs.

(yes, I'm using v2.11.15 update)

Thank you,

• Rav
    Options

Potentially it could be contributing yes. What were the nature of the updates you completed for this employee in August 2020?

• damotors
    Options

It was an adjustment to a payrun in 19/20 (submitted on 28 august 2020, but date of adjustment was for pay on 25 may 2020)

• Rav
    Options

@redchofch1956 can I just confirm, are you in a similar situation as what @damotors has outlined above where you have an update event for this particular employee sent in the 2020/21 year, but dated in the previous 2019/20 year?

I'll get some info from the app guys on whether or not this is contributing to this scenario.

• redchofch1956
    Options

No Rav it has nothing to do with an adjustment to a payrun.

It is just that the archived employee is appearing in my EOFY report with zero balances. Therefore the report shows reporting on two employees when only one has been paid in the 20/21FY. The first of the two showing on the report is the employee who is actually archived and with all zero figures (which is correct but why is it showing then?)). I did only archive this person a week ago (on this new app) even though the person has not been employed for this FY...so not sure if that has anything to do with it??

• Rav
    Options

Can you do me a favour and reactivate this employee if they are still archived. Add in a termination date for them in the 2019/20 year (if that is when they were originally terminated) and then archive them again.

Open a NEW 2020/21 EOFY finalisation report (not the existing one you have in your list) and then confirm if they still appear there.

• damotors
    Options

I have done this and the employee is still showing in 20/21

• redchofch1956
    Options

Didn't work Rav...I reactivated the employee and even deleted the termination date (19/9/19) that I had there, then closed the app. Opened app, set termination date back to 9/9/19 and then archived and closed app.

Opened app again, initiated EOFY report and it still shows this employee with zero balances.

• nullarbor
    nullarbor Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Options

I too have an issue where I had two employees who terminated in October 2019 show up in the migrated data to the new app for the 2020/21 financial year.

I have:

• installed the latest version 2.11.15 (Android),
    • reactivated employees
    • entered the correct termination dates and saved the entry (it wouldn;t save unless the employee was reactivated first)
    • archived the employees
    • closed and reopened the app

The archived employees are still showing up in a newly created EOFY payrun or 2020/21.

• Rav
    Options

Hey guys,

Thanks for trying out the suggestions. I've sent the comments from this discussion over to our app team so I'll let you know when I hear back on that front but I'd like to also get this over to our developer as well.

@damotors @redchofch1956 and @nullarbor when you have a moment can each of you send me a Private Message with the following details -

• ABN registered to your Payroll App account
    • Name of the terminated employee that is appearing in your 2020/21 EOFY report
    • Screenshot showing the termination date in this employee's profile and screenshot of them appearing in the 2020/21 EOFY report

• Rav
    Options

@damotors @redchofch1956 @nullarbor

Hi all, I just thought I'd respond to you all collectively here. Firstly, a big thank you to all of you for sending through the details, was a massive help.

I've been speaking with our dev and app teams about the scenario you've all put forward and there are a couple of things I'll need to go over.

The first goes without saying, the UI in the app definitely needs some improvement on how it handles/retrieves employees within this situation and I've got our app team re-examining this. I believed the termination date field via the new 2.11.15 update was the solve for this situation but it obviously needs some more work. Its certainly an area that will create some confusion as it has here so we need to get that sharpened up ASAP.

The second thing is I've confirmed with the devs that while these $0.00 employees are appearing in the 2020/21 EOFY finalisation, they will be ignored when the report actually goes through to the ATO. So if you're holding back on sending the 2020/21 finalisation because of this, please go ahead and do so. I know its not ideal, but rest assured, that when you submit the EOFY report, only those employees who have been paid will be transmitted to the ATO.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Cheers

• redchofch1956
    Options

OK thanks Rav..I will proceed with sending my EOFY report.

• nullarbor
    nullarbor Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, will do the EOFY report and see what happens. 🤞 Fingers crossed!

• damotors
    Options

Thanks Rav, will send the report through