Casual employee

Options
monarodude
monarodude Member Posts: 17
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I just migrated to the new basic reckon app.

I only have 1 employee who is casual.

Under the employee tab it says incomplete. I enter all the relevant details until i get to the leave tab.

There is no leave details to be completed as employee is casual.

Due to this section not being completed, it still says incomplete for this employee.

What do i do please?

Comments

• Joseph Li
    Joseph Li Member Posts: 499 ✭✭
    Options

Put in ZERO when there’s no leave details.

• monarodude
    Options

I put in zero in annual entitlement, but wont accept zero in leave loading?

• Joseph Li
    Joseph Li Member Posts: 499 ✭✭
    Options

Leave loading has to be a non-zero percentage, I put in 10%.

Next week I am going to create the final pay run for FY2021 using the Payroll App. It could be a challenge.

• monarodude
    Options

wont work with zero annual leave and 10% leave loading and zero personal leave?

• Alexis_8205419
    Alexis_8205419 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Options

I have this issue too. Have you managed to sort it out yet? I am unable to do a payroll without this info saved

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,432 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi all,

I've just did some testing on this and I'll attach my screen recording below. I had to create a new employee as I don't have any migrated employees to test on but I've done through the information fields and in the annual leave entitlement tab added 0 along with Personal leave.

Can you take a look at my recording and let me know where things are differing between mine and yours?

Disclaimer: This is only a demonstration and in no way a real world example.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• TJS
    TJS Member Posts: 9
    Options

Rav,

Try doing it for a full time employee and see if you can enter zeros for annual leave loading and other fields. It will also want an hourly rate and hours worked to do a pay run even if the pay is same set sum each month and hours worked are irrelevant.

I have spoken with Reckon Support call centre and they advised me today that the "bells and whistles" are compulsory fields.

To illustrate the problem with the new Reckon STP payroll app, here are just some of the frustrations:

• it insists on entering an annual leave loading percentage and you can’t put zero!
    • it insists on deducting the ATO tax rate, you can’t make the amount higher
    • it insists on paying superannuation with the pay run and can’t cope with people like me who pay the $25K in a lump sum in the first pay run of the FY
    • it insists on entering an hourly rate and salary per hour.

I joined the Reckon Community discussion group on their website yesterday and found many users experiencing the same frustrations as me. I managed to help some of them so that they could do a simple pay run.

Based on the advice from the Reckon Support call centre guy today, I have gone back to the old easy to use app and resubmitted the June pay run for my salary – this time with zero payment in June of superannuation. He assured me that this would override the pay run submitted yesterday with $712.50 superannuation in the ATO system. We shall see!!

I will use the old app for the 20/21 payment summary if I am allowed to.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,432 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

@TJS

See the below screen recording for a newly created Full Time employee with zero added in the annual leave and personal leave entitlement.

Currently tax cannot be edited however this is being worked on at the moment and is scheduled to be rolled into the Payroll App before EOFY.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• TJS
    Options

Well I am stumped! The app would not let me enter zeros yesterday. Also see nmac's comment on first use posted at 458pm describing exactly the same issue for them.

• redman
    redman Member Posts: 29
    Options

TJS, which old app are you using??I thought they were closing it down. This new app is a MAJOR FRUSTRATION!!!! Its really not good enough Reckon! Does anyone know why the super guarantee payment is only calculated on ordinary hours? I was under the understanding that it is calculated on the gross figure per week

• TJS
    Options

The old app is the Reckon STP app that I was using for the past couple of years. While migrated to new payroll app a few weeks back, still have old app. It is live till end of 20/21 FY. So still had my employee data on old app and could do my June monthly pay run on the old app.

• Alexis_8205419
    Alexis_8205419 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Rav, I was finally able to save the employee info with 0 in annual and personal leave but only by adding a number between 1-100 in the leave loading % box. It would not accept 0’s otherwise. With either a full time or casual employee.

• Rav
    Options

If you don't want to enter leave loading you need to leave the field blank ie. as it is prior to you inputting anything. Just remove your 0 and or any other values in the leave loading field and it will save normally.

Once you start entering something into the field then it needs to be a value between 1-100 as it suggests.

• redman
    Options

No sorry Rav, this is not the case. Have tried to enter ) and leave it blank, cannot proceed

• redman
    Options

wish it was that easy.... will not accept a zero value and will not allow you to create an employee. Which for a casual employee is a major flaw with this app. Why has this not been fixed yet????

• Rav
    Options

Hi @redman

This thread is 11 months old and as you can imagine the Payroll App has gone through a number of updates and enhancements since then so this information may now be outdated.

Regardless though, there is no issue or flaw with the setup of a casual employee. I've just created a new casual employee this morning with zero leave entitlement which you'll see on the screen recording below. The app version I have installed is the latest version v2.22.16.

If you need to enter zero annual and personal leave entitlement for an employee, enter zero in the respective fields as shown in the recording.

• redman
    Options

Sorry Rav, using the same app version 2.22.16.

wont allow the save of a 0 value.

• Rav
    Options

@redman

Create a new separate thread from this one and give me some details on the exact process you're going through in terms of how you're setting up the casual employee so I can test it out as well.

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    Options

For what it's worth, it's worked fine for me as well 🤷

• thinker
    thinker Member Posts: 14
    Options

Not working for me.

Won't accept 0 in leave loading for casual employee- looks like this has been happening for YEARS!

I NEED HELP WITH THIS...I NEED TO PAY THE WAGES!

• Rav
    Options

@thinker

If you don't want to enter leave loading you need to leave the field blank.

Just remove your 0 and or any other values in the leave loading field and it will save normally. Once you start entering something into the field then it needs to be a value between 1-100 as it suggests.

• thinker
    thinker Member Posts: 14
    Options

Right...got it.... thankyou