Removing ABN from Reckon Payroll App

Options
medowieaog
medowieaog Member Posts: 12 ✭

Hi Rav

We have just followed the steps you posted to do a NIL STP Submission from Payroll App to ATO. Thank you for making that simple and easy. One last question, is there anything else we need to do to remove our ABN from the app, so that we can apply it to Reckon Hosted STP? Thank you

Best Answer

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,432 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

You don't actually need to remove the ABN from your Payroll App account, in fact we're not able to as we're required to retain any submission data that has been sent to the ATO.

What you'll need to do instead is, simply login to the Reckon Portal here https://portal.reckon.com/ with your existing login credentials ie. the same email address and password that you use for the Payroll App. You'll find the GovConnect service in here which is what you'll use with Reckon Accounts Hosted to send your STP submissions.

You simply need to add the Reckon Accounts Hosted product to your existing STP entity in GovConnect.

Are you familiar with GovConnect already or will this be your first time in using it?

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Answers

• medowieaog
    Options

OK thanks Rav

Our bookkeeper has already added Reckon Accounts Hosted to our existing STP entity in GovConnect and yes I'm somewhat familiar with using it (had used it prior to using the Payroll app). I've tried uploading the first STP through GovConnect but it's not uploading the json file. Maybe I need to give it more time for the Nil STP Submission from the Payroll App to fully process before trying again?

• medowieaog
    Options

Thanks Rav

Our bookkeeper has already added Reckon Accounts Hosted last week to our existing STP entity in GovConnect (prior to finalising Payroll App) and yes I'm somewhat familiar with using it although it's been a while since I used it last. I've tried uploading the first STP through GovConnect but it's not uploading the json file. Maybe I need to give it more time for the Nil STP Submission from the Payroll App to fully process before trying again?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,432 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @medowieaog

What was happening when you attempted to upload the .json file you created in Hosted to GovConnect? Was there an error message appearing at all?

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• medowieaog
    Options

Hi Rav

No there was no error message - once the json file was selected and opened, the pop up box disappeared but the file didn't actually upload.

• Rav
    Options

Just prior to uploading your .json file, you just need to ensure you select the correct product in GovConnect that you're uploading to.

I'll post a screen recording just as an example below. You'll see I have multiple products in my GovConnect which you'll likely have as well but you'll see that I can click on the specific product to select which one I'm uploading from.

Is this what you're doing as well?

• medowieaog
    Options

Hi Rav

Yes, I'm making sure I'm selecting the correct product. Our bookkeeper is looking into it once more so if I'm still stuck after that, I'll get back in touch. Thank you for all your help.