my app wont let me update my employees YTDs

Options
Tonya2020
Tonya2020 Member Posts: 13
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

hi i am having so much trouble with my app lately im thinking of changing companies. I cant save my YTD for employees and if i discard i have to enter all the info again. Please help as i havent been able to process any payments to employees since January

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,432 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Tonya2020

What process are you going through specifically when this occurs? ie. are you attempting to create and action a pay run or are you attempting to edit the initial YTD balances via the employee profile? (They are two different things).

Also, what is happening specifically during your attempts? ie. are you encountering an error message? If so, what is it?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Tonya2020
    Options

hi Rav

So when I'm trying to do a new pay run, I enter pay dates, the employee and then hit the create. Then when I hit mark this pay run as paid it just says it "cannot be completed. Please try again".

And when I am trying to update employees information, it won't let me save info that I have entered because it says YTD is not complete. Very similar words to that effect

• Tonya2020
    Options

it also won't let me turn of super salary sacrifice because it says it is included in a pay run, but I don't need salary sacrifice so I'm trying to disable it but it won't let me

• Tonya2020
    Options

it also won't let me delete pay runs so I can try to put them through again. It just says failed to delete pay run

• Tonya2020
    Options

I am also unable to change and save any superannuation details or funds

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,432 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Does your pay run include an employee whose information is either invalid or currently incomplete? ie. if you remove a particular employee from the pay run and complete it without them does it go through successfully?

And when I am trying to update employees information, it won't let me save info that I have entered because it says YTD is not complete.

Navigate through each of the sections in the employee profile and ensure that they have been completely filled out and more importantly contain valid information. You'll find an ‘Initial YTD’ section in the employee profile which it sounds like is awaiting information, just check that over and enter in any info that is pending/required there.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Tonya2020
    Options

Hi Rav

So i am trying to go through all my employees information, and it wont let me remove the super information, regarding salary sacrifice. I dont need it but it wont let me disable it because it says it is being used in a pay run but ive never used it before

• Rav
    Options

Can you take a screenshot of where this message is appearing specifically and post it here.

If there is any sensitive info eg. employee name/details feel free to blank it out

• Tonya2020
    Options

here is a screenshot of what is the problem when updating information on employees

• Tonya2020
    Options

ok. I may have had some success with that. Now it is saying it can't save YTDs. If i can get this done it may have saved my sanity

• Tonya2020
    Options

now I am having this problem with saving information. Is it because information is missing?

• Rav
    Options

Can you let me know how and what specifically you're entering in for the employee's initial YTD balances ie. what pay items are you entering, balances and dates.

Have you selected the correct financial year for the dates you're entering in?

• Tonya2020
    Options

well I haven't put anything in specifically, I thought all the information was just right there. That's why I don't understand why I'm having this problem because I hadn't changed anything and I think the problem has to do with super salary sacrifice, which must have not been untucked when I set up the original profile

Also now it won't let me delete a draft so I can redo it so is it easier to archive an employee and make up a new one for the same employee?

• Rav
    Options

I'd strongly recommend not recreating the same employee as it can potentially lead to separate/multiple entries appearing in their MyGov account for their earnings.

Go into the employee's initial YTD section and review what is listed in there (if anything) and if required remove anything that doesn't belong. I can only see what is displayed in your screenshot but there looks to be something added in the 2021/22 initial YTD for this employee.

• Tonya2020
    Options

I think part of my problem is I can't change the super details it was originally saved as default super, but when I try to change it to the super that I belong to it won't let me save it

• Tonya2020
    Options

this is what happens when I try to change it

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Tonya2020

I've asked the support team to give you a call to try and walk through this and resolve it but looks like they've missed you today as the call went to VM.

I've asked them to try again on Monday 🙂