Alternative to PINCH in Reckon Hosted

Options
Larisa
Larisa Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Reckon API

Hi

I have been using PINCH for my payments with Reckon Hosted but I understand from PINCH that they will no longer be supporting the automatic SYNC between the two programs. Does anyone know if Reckon Hosted will be having an alternative - I believe there is one for RECKON ONE? Or does anyone use any other third parties to accept payments and set up recurring invoices?

Any help would be appreciated as I am at a lost what to do as my clients have now become accustomed to EFTing through invoice links and making credit card payments when needed. I must admit I have also been very pleased to be able to offer my clients this service without having to pay monthly accounting keeping fees etc.

Much appreciated

Larisa 😃

Comments

• Larisa
    Options

Sorry just as an added, I am considering that perhaps my best option is to move to RECKON ONE. We are a small business and I certainly do not use all the features RECKON HOSTED offers. We have up to 10 staff at any one time, so I need payroll and STP, we invoice up to 50 invoices per month and will require a recurring invoice feature. I reconcile the bank manually into RECKON, we don't have that many transactions to warrant auto reconciliation. I also do our own BAS/PAYG which I manually enter into the ATO website from reports I have memorised after receiving training from a RECKON trainer many years ago. And I also manually enter it into the ATO Super Clearing Account.

From what I have read in the community discussions, HOSTED is more robust but I really don't know what that means for the functions that I need.

If anyone has any suggestions or can give me a little clarity I would so greatly appreciate it.

thanks Larisa

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,432 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi there Larisa! 🙂

Reckon One and Reckon Accounts Hosted are quite different in terms of the workflow, feature set and interface. From what you've described so far, my general feeling is that Reckon One would be able to accommodate your requirements but that's just anecdotal, however I would highly recommend that you take Reckon One for a test drive first to make sure that its a 100% fit for you.

There's a free 30 day trial period and you can cancel it anytime. I'll link more info below -

A couple more things, Reckon One operates on vastly different technology so moving data over from Reckon Accounts Hosted to Reckon One will require a data migration. I'll link some info to this below but if you have any questions let me know 🙂

Lastly, to answer your original question in regard to an alternative option to Pinch, I'm just checking in with our team around that I'll get back to you as soon as I have some info.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Larisa
    Options

Thanks Rav. I'm just watching your Youtube video at the moment to get a basic idea of Reckon One but I think your suggestion of a trial is a fantastic idea. Just quickly though can more than one person login at a time or will I have to buy multiple licence for more than one person to log in at the same time?

Regarding migration, I have read it will take up to 5 days to migrate, that is not an issue. But with the migration am I going to have access to the last 7 years' worth of data (in case of auditing)? And I understand that the cost will depend on a quote provided.

Hopefully your team will come back with an alternative to pinch and then I can just simply continue with Hosted :)

thanks again

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,432 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Yes definitely! You can share your Reckon One book with as many users as you like and there is no additional cost to do so.

In terms of the migration, yes if you need data that is outside the scope of the included migration offer (details of that in the migration link above) then the team will work up a quote and also a step by step plan of how the migration will work.

I'll keep you posted in regard to the alternative options to replace Pinch 🙂

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Options

Hey @Larisa

Just wanted to get back to you on this. Unfortunately I don't have the best news, at this stage there isn't an alternative payments service that integrates with Reckon Accounts Hosted 😞

We're having some conversations with our payments partner that currently integrates with Reckon One about expanding to an Reckon Accounts Hosted integration however its very early days on that.

• Larisa
    Options

Thanks Rav appreciate all your help today. Will look into Reckon One.

• Larisa
    Options

Hi Rav

I have had a look at ith Reckon One and it looks like it will accommodate my requirements but I just have a couple more questions before I made a final decision:

• with the migration will all my past transactions come over - in case we get audited I want to make sure I can access them
    • if we move to Reckon One and we then decide to go back to Hosted, will it be possible/

thanks again

• Larisa
    Options

Sorry Rav, I just thought of one more question. Does Reckon One have the ability to automatically deduct the clients' bank account/credit card on the due date of the invoice? I think Reckon One has the ability for the client to select pay now to make payments, but I have some clients that allowed PINCH to automatically deduct their accounts on the due date of any invoice we issue, can Reckon One do the same?

thanks

• Rav
    Options

Morning Larisa

Awesome to hear you've been checking out Reckon One 🙂

with the migration will all my past transactions come over - in case we get audited I want to make sure I can access them

If/when you put through a data migration request, the team first take a look at your volume of data and then they'll be able to work up a quote for you to consider in regard to either bringing over all historical transactions or a selected timeframe eg. the last couple of years etc.

I'm not fully across the intricacies but depending on the volume, it may be prohibitive to bring over everything into Reckon One from a cost perspective but something to keep in mind is, you'll be able to obtain a read-only copy of Reckon Enterprise which is the desktop equivalent of Reckon Accounts Hosted which you can then open your company file(s) from Hosted on so you can refer to previous records if required. You'll just need to download them from Hosted first and there's info on that HERE).

if we move to Reckon One and we then decide to go back to Hosted, will it be possible/

Its a one way trip which is why its super important that you're fully comfortable with Reckon One in terms of everything it can (and can't do) and it matches up with your requirements and expectations. Reckon Accounts Hosted is more advanced when it comes to features/functionality than Reckon One currently so I just want you to be sure that it caters to everything you need before you make the switch.

Does Reckon One have the ability to automatically deduct the clients' bank account/credit card on the due date of the invoice?

I don't believe this is possible with the Reckon One + Reckon Payments integration at the moment. As you've mentioned, Reckon Payments currently supports payment by clicking the 'Pay Now' option on the invoice.

• Larisa
    Options

Thanks Rav. Can Reckon Payments accept payments? So if a client rings and wants to pay by credit card, does Reckon Payments have that function where I can take a credit card payment?

thanks again.

• Larisa
    Options

Hi Rav

Just going back to RECKON HOSTED. I have found a provider that can accept payments called STRIPE. They have suggested that I would be able to integrate the two systems however I will need documentation for the integration with STRIPE as well as the plugin from HOSTED.

Do you know of any of your clients that have done this previously or does your IT dept know if what STRIPE is suggestion is possible actually can be done?

thanks

• PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Larisa,

I have a working solution that is being used by several clients of mine. Basically, you can send your clients invoices in PDF with a payment link and they can click on the link to pay using their credit card. The link will open your payment gateway-hosted payment checkout screen so you don't have to worry about security. Once the client pays the invoice (they can choose to pay the partial or full amount, it's up to your preference), it will sync back to your RAH and mark the invoice as fully/partially paid.

The solution also allows you to enter the client's CC from your end if they don't want to pay online and the CC can be securely stored in Stripe for later use (if they are ongoing clients)

Let me know if you are interested.

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

• Larisa
    Options

Hi Phuong

Thanks for your response, I have a few questions please:

I have a working solution that is being used by several clients of mine. Basically, you can send your clients invoices in PDF with a payment link and they can click on the link to pay using their credit card

-> is the pdf invoices sent as per normal through RAH but with a "pay now" link? which program does the link take them to?

The link will open your payment gateway-hosted payment checkout screen

-> which program is this gateway hosted payment checkout in?

Once the client pays the invoice it will sync back to your RAH and mark the invoice as paid.

-> does the sync happen automatically or do you run the sync yourself ? Do I need to give this program access to my RAH? How long before it hits my bank account? What happens for dishonoured payments?

The CC can be securely stored in Stripe for later use (if they are ongoing clients)

-> can recurring RAH invoices be automatically charged to the clients' CC?

What is the cost of this solution?

Thanks in advance 😃

• PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi Larisa,

-> is the pdf invoices sent as per normal through RAH but with a "pay now" link? which program does the link take them to? No, the PDFs are populated by my app, and they can be sent out from your email. You can also add your own T&C to the PDF if needed

The link will open your payment gateway-hosted payment checkout screen

-> which program is this gateway hosted payment checkout in? Thru my cloud application. It will maintain the connection with your RAH and your payment gateway (in this case it is Stripe)

So the payment gateway checkout page is from Stripe

Once the client pays the invoice it will sync back to your RAH and mark the invoice as paid.

-> does the sync happen automatically or do you run the sync yourself ? Do I need to give this program access to my RAH? How long before it hits my bank account? What happens for dishonoured payments? The sync happened automatically. Yes, the cloud app needs access to your RAH. Stripe will handle the payment legit so only if it is valid, it will be synced to RAH.

The CC can be securely stored in Stripe for later use (if they are ongoing clients)

-> can recurring RAH invoices be automatically charged to the clients' CC? No, it cannot be set this way, but when the recurring RAH invoice is created, my app can be setup to charge the client based on the existing CC (from stripe)

Can you share your email so I can send you a quote? Also, we can discuss this in more detail?

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

• Rav
    Options

Great stuff @PhuongDo 👏, your apps are amazing 🤩

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you @Larisa, have been away from the office for a couple of days.

To answer the question above, at the moment Reckon Payments accepts payment directly via the invoice 'pay now' link only but it will be expanded on in the future however there aren't any timelines on this just yet.

In terms of Stripe, I'd highly recommend having a chat with @PhuongDo as above, the integration work he's done could potentially be a great solution for your requirements.

• Larisa
    Options

Thanks Rav and @PhuongDo, I am just tied up on a project for the next two weeks, however, I will look definitely look into the integration between RAH, Stripe and @PhuongDo app as a solution, sounds like it might be a great alternative to moving to RECKON ONE.

@PhuongDo if you would like to send me through a quote in the meantime, my email address larisa@eass.com.au.

thanks again 😀