License Upgrade without Product Upgrade

Craig Redford
Craig Redford Member Posts: 4
I have received a reminder that my 2017 Personal Plus license is due to expire. Is it possible to get a new license to allow share price downloads without the need to upgrade from Personal Plus 2017 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,253 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited November 2018
    Hi Craig,
    Unfortunately not, there is no separate licence for share price download services on their own.
    'Upgrade' versions include 2 years of share price download services, at the cessation of this you'll need to upgrade the program to the current edition.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Craig Redford
    edited December 2018
    Hi Rav, last time I did that I lost all the historical share price data. Does that problem still exist
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,253 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited November 2018
    The historical share prices are stored in a .QPH file which is in the same location as your data file.
    The only way they can be lost is if you have moved the .QDF file on its own to a different location or different computer, or if you are not in your own data file, but the sample file, or an old copy of your data file.

If you have moved the .QDF file, also move the rest of the data set which will be all files with the same name as your data file. There are about 5 or so files in a data set, the .QDF is the data file, and .QPH has the price history. If you have a backup of your data file on a USB stick have a look at the files on it and see if any end with .QPH and move it to the same location as your data file.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Craig Redford
    edited December 2018
    Hi Rav, when I back up the file that is created it is a .rkn file. However the backup's that are created automatically upon me closing the program are .HCX, .IDX, Reckon Accounts QDF data file, .QEL and . QPH files.Which one do I use when restoring the backup on the new product purchase?