MFA instructions for computer

Diane_8196092
Diane_8196092 Member Posts: 5
edited April 2019 in Accounts Hosted
I have the MFA authenticator on my work computer - it does not work on my laptop at home.
Am I better to revoke it from computer and put on my phone.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,250 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Diane,

If you've registered your MFA to a browser based extension on your work PC then any MFA codes generated will be sent to the authenticator on the work PC where you set it up.

In your specific case where you work across locations, it would be better to have MFA codes sent to your phone via the Google Authenticator app. You'll need to revoke MFA in your Reckon Portal profile settings and require the relevant code from the current authenticator to do so.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Diane_8196092
    Diane_8196092 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2019
    Hi Rav - so when I next go into the office I revoke from that computer and set up on my phone.
    Do I need to call Reckon or anything 

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,250 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Correct, that's what you'll need to do. As long as you've still got the original authenticator on the work PC you'll be able to revoke it yourself and won't need to call the support team.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Di Morgan
    Di Morgan Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2019
    Hi Rav, can we have two phones with the MFA installed?  Reason being the current MFA is on my phone and if I am away on leave etc, then my offsider for wages will be unable to get into the portal. 

• Rav
    edited April 2019
    Hi Di,
    I've just replied to your other thread but to answer the above question, yes you can. This will only be done through sharing your existing STP entity with another user. That other user will create their own Reckon Portal account which you'll share the STP entity with. That user will have their own MFA for their account on their phone.

• Di Morgan
    Di Morgan Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2019
    Hi Rav thank you, finally got it sorted, and now both of us are connected to STP