Share prices not updating Personal Plus 2017

Megan Rule
Megan Rule Member Posts: 40
After I updated to Personal Plus 2017 my share prices have not been updating. It looks as though the update is done but the net worth doesn't change and when i look at the price history on my shares they haven't updated. My licence is valid til Aug 2017. Pls advise. I rang customer service but no help there. 

Comments

• Megan Rule
    edited March 2017
    I am using Windows 10 Home
  • ecco
    ecco Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2017
    I was using quicken pp 2006 and had the same problem when I restored a back up all the currency lists and share prices didn't come through so the investments were showing zero. I think it was because the file got corrupted. Even if I imputed the share prices and then did a back up and restored it I found the share prices and currency rates I just put in. Hopefully that's not the case with your files.
  • MarkR
    MarkR Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I have this problem, which is resolved by changing the date to an earlier date in portfolio view. Then change back to the correct current date.
  • Joanne Mullen
    Joanne Mullen Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2017
    I have the same problem. The update button keeps turning as well.
  • Megan Rule
    edited March 2017
    thanks - tried this but no luck

• Megan Rule
    edited March 2017
    my old stock prices are there just haven't updated since I updated to 2017 a week or so ago
  • Megan Rule
    edited March 2017
    Yes, it looks as if its all happening. It says on the panel after the update - "Historical prices  downloaded historical prices for 2 of 2 symbols - status 11 Apr 16 7.39pm"  i.e. date is wrong - should be 17 mar 17. At the bottom of the portfolio page it says its updated as of today - but it isn't reflected in the price histories. 
  • Peter Pollard
    Peter Pollard Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2017
    I have a similar problem to Megan with Reckon Personal Plus 2017, except that only the price of the one share, ASX code SCG, doesn't update daily, and I have to manually do it.  the other nine shares in my portfolio are fine.  I am using windows 10 Pro.
    Does anyone have any clues, please?
  • Megan Rule
    edited March 2017
    Hopefully we will hear something...Peter I have 40 or 50 different ASX shares but none of them are updating. It says down the bottom of the portfolio page that they have updated ("Aust and NZ quotes EOD. Updated Mar 18 at local time" etc). But none have updated since Mar 10 which is when I deleted Quicken personal 2016 and uploaded 2017...I hope I don't have to pay $5 a minute to have this fixed, I have already spent hours trying to fix this and other related problems.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,250 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2017
    Hi Megan, Sorry to hear you're having issues there! Let me check in with the team around this when they're back on board in full tomorrow and I'll come back to you.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,250 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2017
    Hi again Megan,

Just had a chat with the team about your thread, let's just start with the basics first
    (This will also apply to you Peter and Joanne)

Firstly, can you please check Investing > Security List > Ensure all your Australian stocks are Stock Type: Stock and Asset Class: Australian Stocks.
    The same applies for NZ stocks with the only difference being Asset Class: New Zealand Stocks.

Once that is done, when attempting a One Step Update, click on the 'Select Quotes' option in the dialog box and ensure all relevant securities are ticked.

Does the issue persist after this?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Megan Rule
    edited March 2017
    Hi Rav, I have made sure my stocks are all in Asset class Aust Stocks. However my stock types are by the self made list I've always used for many years - eg tobacco, transport, media, health etc. Does this mean I have to now change them all (will take me ages) to Stock??? Very annoying if so as it essentially means the stock type classification is of no worth since they are all classed as "Aust Stocks' anyway in asset class....
  • Rav
    edited June 2017
    Have you attempted to change one (or a few) of the stocks to the configuration I've outlined in my previous posted and checked if they are updating successfully?

• Megan Rule
    edited March 2017
    Rav, yes, I have changed a few shares to stock types "stock" but they still don't update.

• Megan Rule
    edited March 2017
    I notice when I go to portfolio page and click on 'download historical prices' (upper left cnr) it comes up with a box saying 'select the securities you want historical prices for (US securities only)' and there are no securities listed I can tick anyway.
  • Megan Rule
    edited March 2017
    Any other ideas Rav?
  • ecco
    ecco Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2017
    I am considering using reckon personal plus but I'm going to elect to manually post the stock prices because the auto downloads appear to be a problem as seen on this forum.

As an interim measure you could load your portfolio into the sharesight app and you'll get the current stock prices updated daily. If you have a lot of holdings this could be a bit of work but I like the functionality of sharesight. It is a paid service but I've found it great so far. I uploaded some historic transactions via CSV file. Hope that is of some help until the share price issue is sorted in Reckon.
  • Rav
    edited June 2017
    Hi Megan,

Sorry I deleted an earlier reply I just posted.
    I notice when I go to portfolio page and click on 'download historical prices' (upper left cnr) it comes up with a box saying 'select the securities you want historical prices for (US securities only)' and there are no securities listed I can tick anyway.
    Let me clarify your reply above,

Rather than selecting Download Historical Prices, click on Download Quotes.
    You will be presented a dialog box and select the option 'Edit Securities'

Do you see your stocks now and are they ticked? Provided that you haven't changed the stock configuration away from the settings I advised in an earlier reply, you will see those stocks listed in this dialog box.

Click "Update Now"

• Bruce Watson
    Bruce Watson Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Share prices not updating, 'none of the requested securities were recognised'.

I have just upgraded to Personal Plus 2017 from the 2016 version. It installed OK. But the share prices have not downloaded although the currency did. The message on the One Step Update Summary said 'None of the Requested securities were recognised'

But nothing has changed and I manually checked the Codes and they are correct? It's too coincidental that this occurred when PP2017 was installed. I really need a solution quickly!

• Rav
    edited March 2017
    Hi Bruce,

I've moved your post over to this related thread. When you checked over the codes manually do they all still state Stock Type: Stock and Asset Class: Australian Stocks?

• Peter Pollard
    edited March 2017
    Hi Rav,
    I have done as you suggested, but the problem persists for Scentre Group (SCG) only.
    Any other thoughts, please?
    This is not a big issue for me, just an inconvenience.
    Thanks,
    Peter

• Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Hi all,

Just to make it clear, there is not a problem with the Personal Plus 2017 program that is causing the share prices not to update.

I highly recommend if you are having problems with share prices not updating to please follow two below knowledge base articles: Please ensure each condition is followed carefully.

Luke.
  • Peter Pollard
    edited March 2017
    Hi Rav,
    I might be on to something!  Last night when I checked, the SCG price downloaded was the minimum share price during the day, viz, $4.315 not the closing price of $4.32.
    I'll see if the same thing happens today.
    Regards,
    Peter

• Rav
    edited March 2017
    Love the passion Archie, however looking at the bigger picture though, the 2017 Personal range has been available since late October/early November and although there are a few similar cases highlighted along the way here it's not a widespread case across the entire user base.

We're not avoiding responsibility or being disrespectful to our users in any sense but rather trying to provide assistance to eliminate any of the common causes/symptoms and identify any deeper underlying issues if there are any.

The change that has occurred in the 2017 range is the introduction of Australian market indices which means the setup/configuration within Edit Security is of even more importance. The Type field must be Stock to access updates from the One Step Update. Also, make sure that all your securities are ticked from the 'Select Quotes' option in the One Step Update Settings screen.

A further and final step is to create a new dummy file, set up a few stocks and test the update. If the update continues to fail, then we can suspect either a problem with your installation or corrupt data file.

Those are the basics but are the most crucial.

If all that is correct and the problem still persists, this points to a issue with your installation or corruption of your data file.
    The simplest step to diagnose this issue is to perform a clean uninstall and clean installation.
    To address further corruption (which may have been present prior to the upgrade) it will require downgrading back to the previous version, running a validate and super validate on the file and then upgrading back to the current version.

• Peter Pollard
    edited March 2017
    Hi Rav,
    Good news!
    Today I deleted the transactions I had for SCG and re-entered them.  Tonight the correct closing price of $4.38 was downloaded!
    Thanks for your help.
    Regards,
    Peter

• Megan Rule
    edited April 2017
    Hi Rav,

re "make sure that all your securities are ticked from the 'Select Quotes' option in the One Step Update Settings screen."  I HAVE DONE THIS STEP

re "A further and final step is to create a new dummy file, set up a few stocks and test the update. If the update continues to fail, then we can suspect either a problem with your installation or corrupt data file."  I HAVE TESTED THIS AND THE UPDATE WORKED ON THE NEW TEST FILE STOCKS.

Re "the Type field must be Stock to access updates from the One Step Update."

PLS CONFIRM - I have changed a few stock types to "Stock" from the various stock types I have used for years (eg paper, mining, media etc) and they have still not updated as of March 10.

My query is - does this mean I have to now go through and change all stock types to 'Stock'???? ...(i.e this is now a bogus category since all stock types are to be labelled stock - a backwards step for Reckon 2017 and very irritating. I have around 50+ shares so this is a time consuming job).

• Megan Rule
    edited March 2017
    ps I believe the data file I want to use has been super validated when I was having issues with 2016. I got it to work in 2016 but then my license was cut short (was given a few days before it ran out) and so I was forced to update to 2017.
  • Rav
    edited March 2017
    My query is - does this mean I have to now go through and change all stock types to 'Stock'?
    Yes, you will need to ensure that all stocks have the Type set to 'Stock'.
    All stocks must be in the configuration outlined in my earlier post.
    It is very likely that the addition of new indices in PP 2017 has conflicted with Security Type usage by (some) users of earlier editions of Personal Plus.  It is very likely that there has been an error in the way PP 2017 imported data from prior versions. (In my instance this was from PP 2016.)
    Archie, it's not an error in the way data is imported from previous versions in comparison to the current. Rather, prior to the introduction of the 2017 range, stocks was the only data being downloaded and as such, 'Type' was disregarded. From 2017 onward, with the introduction of new downloads being available ie. indices, it's crucial that the configuration is set up correctly for One Step Update to work.

So coming back to you Megan, the troubleshooting path that archieb2 has outlined is a very good suggestion and I would recommend it also based on Peter's success earlier today.
    You have mentioned however that you've attempted this on several stocks already without success and on the flipside, the test/dummy file has proven successful. This could also suggest your installation itself is fine but the data file is corrupt but let's try out Peter and Archie's contributions first and go from there.

• Peter Pollard
    edited March 2017
    Hi Rav,
    Once again the correct price for SCG was downloaded correctly.
    It looks as though I now have a permanent fix to my problem.
    Perhaps some of the others with a similar issue may like to do what I have done.
    The work involved could be worth it in the long run.
    By the way, I have worked with computers for 42 years.
    With kind regards and thanks,
    Peter

• Peter Pollard
    edited March 2017
    Hi Archieb2,
    I am pleased to hear that this has worked for you.
    Peter

• Megan Rule
    edited June 2017
    Thank you Archie! I have tried your method for 3 stocks and the update worked for each individual stock - I had not changed the Security type on these stocks either (pls note Rav). Note when I tried to do a usual update with all stocks marked it still didn't work - so appears I have to go through and update each stock individually.

Rav - seriously, do I now have to laboriously go through each of my 50+ stocks and do this??? Is there not a better fix Reckon can come up with??

I have also been a Quicken/Reckon user for over 20 years. This is ridiculous - just glad I'm not running a business with it.
  • Megan Rule
    edited April 2017
    I have a major beef re the Reckon phone help system which charges $5 a minute. Why should we pay for fixing Reckon problems that have inconvenienced us? Instead we get this - slow back and forth that has gone on for over 2 weeks now with a full Reckon solution still not in sight. In the meantime I am avoiding making entries on my 2017 Reckon software as I don't want to have to repeat it all again if something goes wrong.
  • Megan Rule
    edited April 2017
    Hello Rav, any updates?
  • fpilot
    fpilot Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I have just updated to Personal Plus 2017 and encountered this problem with my share prices but before i work myself into a frenzy can someone please tell me what time the share prices should be available because I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that the prices are now coming from Amazon.

Thank you for your help.
This discussion has been closed.