Share prices not updating Personal Plus 2017

2»

Comments

• fpilot
    fpilot Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    This morning the share prices updated OK.  The last time I tried last night was just before 9:00 PM.  I always found that Personal Plus 2016 updated the share prices just after 8:00 PM.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,253 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2017
    You're entitled to your opinion and we're always open to constructive criticism/feedback Archie, however this Community platform isn't a soapbox.
    Keep the thread on topic.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,253 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2017
    I think this thread has now provided all the information required to resolve this issue.

I understand that updating your share prices daily and maintaining your file the way you configured it through various updates is important to you, but the problem expressed here is at the "isolated incident" end of the spectrum and will be resolved by attention to settings and procedures.
    The shares updating successfully when you attempt to do so singularly and in the dummy file you created earlier, leads to the assumption the update mechanism itself is functioning and requires attention to either, configuration, corruption or both.

An option is to create a new file by using File > File Operations > Year End Copy (use the original start date of your file). This will create a new duplicate copy of your data file.

Please review Archie's 3 posts above and the links provided by Luke.  
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5513
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5483

As I've already mentioned, what has changed with One Step Update in the 2017 version is the introduction of Australian Share Market Indices.  This has made the Security Type field a dynamic component to the success of the One Step Update process.  To present the correct values for Indices the Security Type must be set to Market Index to get the correct values for the index.  Previously, it did not matter what the Security Type choice was as it defaulted to the share price format.  

The role of Customised Security Types is less clear.  We have been instructed that for shares the Security Type can only be Stock.  The tests we've done in responding to your post has produced mixed results - under some conditions it worked with custom security types and under others it did not.  We have reported this behaviour to our developers for further investigation.

So how should you proceed from here?  Firstly make sure you have covered all the steps outlined by Archie and Luke, but leave your Custom Security Types in place. Test the One Step Update again.  If it was not successful then proceed as follows:

Check again that in Select Quotes on the One Step Update Settings your shares are ticked for updating.

Then go to Portfolio view, right click one share and select Security View.  In the top left click on Update and select Download quotes.  Did the share price update to the last trading day?  If it did continue doing this for each share that did not update in your One Step Update run above.  Tomorrow run One Step Update and check whether share prices updated for the latest trading day.

If share prices did not update on the singular update, or failed on the normal One Step Update the next day, then you will need to change the Security Type from your custom selection to Stock.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Megan Rule
    Megan Rule Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2017
    OK - I updated all my shares individually and they did update that way. However, when I tried to update them as a group the next day it wouldn't work.

So - I changed the Security types from the custom types I had previously used for years to Stock. I then tried to update them all as a group - AND THEN IT WORKED.

However, not all historical prices were downloaded, just the ones for that day. If I go to my portfolio and click on 'download historical prices' it then tells me that its for 'US securities only' - and in any case, the only securities listed that I can choose from are a few I have (managed funds) that are not listed on ASX - any thoughts Rav?

• Megan Rule
    edited April 2017

ASX listed Reckon price has dropped from $2.46 at the beginning of 2016 to around $1.66 today (over 30% drop) during a year the Aust All Ords market increased by about 18%.

Perhaps if customer service could have more focus they might do better? Rav, thanks for your help and you are obviously limited by the parameters Reckon management sets. However, I do think the customer service regarding this issue is terrible. I wonder how many people have had to pay for advice ($5 a minute over the phone) over a software issue that is clearly a Reckon fault. Not good enough.

• MarkR
    MarkR Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I have been a loyal user since Reckon began. I use Home & Business for shares. The security "Type" is important to me, so setting them all to stock destroys an import feature. These current share problems and lack of resolution guarantee that the moment a viable competitor appears I am lost to you. Surely it's cheaper to keep me satisfied than to find a replacement client.
  • Rav
    edited April 2017
    Historical prices will show for US shares, US indexes, and any other incorrectly classified security as Type: Other and/or Asset Class: Unclassified.
    Obviously though, incorrectly classified securities will not work (unless by coincidence it has the same symbol and even then values will be incorrect)

• Megan Rule
    edited April 2017
    Hi Rav, when I click on download quotes when in my portfolio, it automatically updates - it doesn't give me the opportunity to see a list/dialog box with 'edit securities'. It shows a computer with red dots connecting as the update happens. There is a help box, but it doesn't take me to a securities list.

Also my NAB shares aren't updating. They are marked as 'stocks' with the correct NAB asx symbol. They only update if I do it individually. i.e. clear all shares from the update box and then mark just NAB. Thoughts?
  • reshyam
    reshyam Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2017
    He was using quicken pp 2016 and had the same problem when We restored a back up all the currency lists and share prices didn't come through so the investments were showing zero. We  think it was because the file got corrupted. Even if I imputed the share 

• Megan Rule
    edited April 2017
    Hi Rav, my shares are updating ok now (I didn't need to do the year end data copy procedure as above) - all except for NAB, which I can update on its own ...but it won't update when I 'mark all' on the Update box. It is classified as Stock etc i.e. like all my other shares but for some reason Reckon won't update it when I try to update them all together - thoughts?
  • Rav
    edited April 2017
    I'd try unticking it from the Select Quotes list. Perform an update. Then go back and tick it and try again.

• Megan Rule
    edited April 2017
    Thx Rav, tried that, didn't work. Would only update if I updated NAB on its own.
  • Megan Rule
    edited April 2017
    I didn't try this Archie as I resolved most of my issues by just changing them all to Stock. I had tried updating them individually, which worked, but I wasn't going to do that every day since they wouldn't update as a whole group.
  • Megan Rule
    edited April 2017
    I have tried a few things but am still having trouble getting NAB shares to update with the rest of the group. After a 'mark all' update I get a message in the box after the update telling me that NAB is listed under "missing symbols". However, if I then 'clear all' and mark just NAB it will update.

• Rav
    edited April 2017
    We suspect that there is a corruption in your file related to a particular stock which is the underlying cause of the problem you're experiencing. You can test this by going to the dummy file you created earlier, buying a number of shares and running one step update on a number of days to test if NAB updates successfully there.

A fair warning, what I'm suggesting next is potentially lengthy in terms of time commitment.

The first thing to attempt is Validate and Super Validate THREE TIMES IN A ROW. Once that is complete, give it a another go.

If it's still a problem, clean up your list, delete everything you have NEVER traded and don't need to look at anymore ie. market indices.
    Then for stocks you HAVE traded in the past but no longer do, change the code to something arbitrarily eg ZZA, ZZB, ZZC (these must NOT be genuine stock codes). Once complete try One Step Update again. You may receive 'Stock code not found' or '45 of 50 stocks updated' (example) of messages during this exercise.

Did NAB update?
    No - find the share that is corrupt, each day start by omitting one of the other shares in the list and update. 

Did it update? If not, progressively keep moving through the list one share at a time until you find that NAB does update. Be methodical about this, perhaps start by selecting the share immediately above or below NAB and then move up/down one each day.

• Megan Rule
    edited April 2017
    Before I tried this (I didn't end up doing it) I noticed I had three different stocks with various versions of the NAB name - Nat Aust Bank, National Australia bank and National Aust Bank. I changed them all to being named  'NAB' - and then the update worked for me. :-)
This discussion has been closed.