where can I get R2 for Reckon Accounts 2016

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
I received an email to download and install Reckon Accounts update to R2 but when I go to the download area, I see the old R1 file of 1.2GB, I don't want to download the same again as I already have

Reckon Accounts Plus 2016 Annual Licence R1
Photo of Anton Strauss

Anton Strauss

• 1,520 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 22,222 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Anton,

There is no R2 release, only a R101 release! aka R1.01 release. Confusing yes! Should have been a R2 release to make it clear, but its not.

More details here https://community.reckon.com/reckon/t...
(Edited)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 93,638 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Andrew,

Anton, please check out the thread Andrew has linked to above for full information. If you have any further questions please let us know

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Anton Strauss

Anton Strauss

Hmm, below is what it says when I click the Install Link on the email

What's New?

Reckon Accounts Personal range 2016 and Payroll Premier 2015/16 R2 are released and available for download now for eligible Customers. You can download it from Download Software section on your left.

Photo of Inigo

Inigo

• 6,320 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Anton,

You have "Reckon Accounts Plus 2016 Annual Licence R1"

They call that their "Reckon Accounts Business range"

The information you are reading is referring to two different products that have been released.

"Reckon Accounts Personal range 2016 and Payroll Premier 2015/16 R2 are released and available for download now for eligible Customers." 

1) Reckon Accounts Personal range 2016

2) Payroll Premier 2015/16 R2

3) Reckon Accounts Plus 2016 <--- is what you have

-IM
Photo of Anton Strauss

Anton Strauss

Hi Ingo

yes, Reckon Accounts plus 2016 is what I have. I just wanted to find a way to check and make sure R1.01 is installed successfully but this seems not possible with my version
Photo of Inigo

Inigo

Hi Anton,

In Andrew's first original post to you there is a link to the article that shows how to find out if it is installed successfully.

Here it is https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-accounts-2016-important-alert

-IM
Photo of Anton Strauss

Anton Strauss

unfortunately, these steps don't work with my version because I don't have Tax Table Information under Employees
Photo of Inigo

Inigo

Hi Anton,

Check your Preferences to enable full payroll functionality so that you can see the other menu items.

-IM
Photo of Anton Strauss

Anton Strauss

thanks Inigo, that was it, now I can see that I have 1.01

it is strange that this is not seen when pressing F2
Only other aspect to see this in,  is the Windows EVENT viewer where MSInstaller shows where the UNZIPPED files wnet when installing, and at what date and time.

See the    ....R101   part of the UNZIPPED file name that was used for the purposes of the INSTALLATION on the date of relevance (in this case,l today's dated example on the test rig used)

Cheers

Gaz