Pay Summary fields empty

Options
Jasminka_DJ
Jasminka_DJ Member Posts: 10
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I've moved to Payroll App Basic from STP and the transition went without a problem.

I've done the monthly pay run and that went OK too.

I went to check the pay summaries for emloyees and noticed that the numbers don't add up to my paper tally. The problem was that in Aug and Sep 2 pay runs didn't go through and I had to do them twice. These two pay runs were added twice in the final yearly numbers.

I then run 2 new pay runs, one for Aug 2020 and one for Sep 2020, set them as updates, hoping that would overwrite the existing ones and make the numbers match.

But, the end result is that all the fields on Pay Summary for 2020/2021 are empty.

When checked on ATO website, my personal tax show just numbers for the last 2 updates run for Aug and Sep which is not what I want ATO to see.

Would the new app update work through all this?

Thanks,

Jasminka

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Jasminka_DJ

When you say the Pay Summary fields are blank for 2020/21, that is in the Payroll App correct?

We're currently aware of an issue affecting the 2020/21 pay summary in the current version of the Payroll App which our teams are investigating. I'll link some info below.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jasminka_DJ
    Options

Thanks Rav, I'll wait for app's update.

• Jasminka_DJ
    Options

Hi @Rav ,

I've updated the app this evening and tried to updated an employee's Pay Summary for 2020/21 with the correct ammounts. But, I'm not getting the final amounts as they should be.

I selected Pay summary for the employee, selected the financial year, selected Edit on elipsies button and entered the new (correct) amounts for Tax witheld (YTD), Earnings (YTD) and Superannuation (YTD). Then pressed Saved.

The save action returned me back to Pay summary screen, but numbers are not adding up. All of them are off, tax is off almost 11k, gross payments 4k and super 3k. But , if I go back to Edit screen, there the numbers are as I'd put them in.

Any suggestions what to do next?

As I mentioned in my first post, there were some pay runs that were declined in Aug and Sep 2020 and I re-run them in old STP app becasue all the values were 0, but that just doubled the final amounts. I tried to do an Amendment in new app but that didn't help either.

When I log in into My Gov to check my income, I just see values for those last 2 amendment pay runs that I run in June 2021.

I was hoping that the change to Pay Summary would fix this on My Gov but I cannot now save anything because numbers are not adding up.

Any suggestion would be very much appreciated!

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Jasminka_DJ

Just to double check, you're using the new v2.11.10 version of the app correct? I know you mentioned you updated last night but just triple checking because the app behaviour you've described is what was happening on the previous version.

I selected Pay summary for the employee, selected the financial year, selected Edit on elipsies button and entered the new (correct) amounts for Tax witheld (YTD), Earnings (YTD) and Superannuation (YTD). Then pressed Saved.

I just did some testing on my own account with the new 2.11.10 version and followed the same path as what you've outlined above and it seemed to work ok. Once exception though which I'm not sure if you did as well, I dated the correction I was making in the last financial year eg. 30 June 2021 or some other date in that 2020/21 year.

Can you perhaps give it another go and let me know if you're still having trouble?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jasminka_DJ
    Options

Hi @Rav ,

The app version is 2.11.10.

The date is set to 27th Jun 2021.

And, I changed one number and saved it, but the summary page still shows old wrong numbers.

Thanks for looking into this!

Jasminka

• Rav
    Options

Hmmm ok that's interesting. Can I grab the ABN that you're using with the Payroll App and I'll run this by our app team to see if there's any further insight they can give me.

• Jasminka_DJ
    Options

Sure, the ABN is 18 160 557 684.

• Rav
    Options

Thanks for that. Leave this with me for a bit. I've sent the details of what you've reported over to the devs and I'll come back to you as soon as I've heard back.

• Rav
    Options

Hi again @Jasminka_DJ

The devs have just got back to me but unfortunately weren't able to replicate your experience. They've asked if you can specify what the values are showing in the Payroll app currently and what are the expected values that you're trying to amend them to.

Feel free to shoot me a PM with screenshots of what each employee 2020/21 pay summary is showing in the Payroll app currently and a breakdown by employee of what the correct figure SHOULD be for each eg. pay, super, tax etc.

• Jasminka_DJ
    Options

Ok, let me prepare things.

And, how do I send you a PM?

• Rav
    Options

Cool thanks @Jasminka_DJ and sorry for the hassle.

To send me a PM just click on my name in any one of the posts above and then click the 'Message' button.

• Jasminka_DJ
    edited July 2021
    Options

Hi @Rav ,

I've sent you a PM with more details and a few questions.

Althought, the more pressing issue is this - if I change the initial YTD payment summary as suggested in PM, would that be good enough for ATO and I can finilise STP for previous fin. year?

And a few missing STP transactions will not be a problem?

Thanks,

Jasminka