Cannot reach server

Options
mhaerewa
mhaerewa Member Posts: 5
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hello I started using Reckon in July 2021 but have been unable to lodge any returns with the ATO because I get the message ‘cannot reach server’ every time. There was another comment on here the same - a mismatch between the ATO branch numbers - but how do I get this fixed for my company?

Comments

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    Options

@mhaerewa Looks like you have a similar issue reporting in the link below. I am guessing Reckon support had to do something in your account to overcome the issue. So hopefully someone from the Support team migth pick it up tomorrow as they are shut on most weekends.

https://community.reckon.com/discussion/8029777/this-server-not-available

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @mhaerewa

Can you please go Settings ➡️ Manage Company Details and just check a few things for me.

1. Is the branch number that is shown in the app for your ABN correct? ie. does it reflect what branch number you have for your ABN in reality?
    2. Check if your Company Name is listed
    3. Check that your address is listed and is correct along with no special characters

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• mhaerewa
    Options

Hello all the details are correct for ABN 36616495884. The branch no.2 is what the ATO gave me, so is this correct? Regards Michelle

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

You'll need to confirm that for me @mhaerewa, I won't know what branch number you have for your individual ABN. If the ATO have advised you that its 002 then its most likely that but can you please confirm.

I've had a look at your account, I can see the issue and yes, there is a mismatch in your branch number which we'll need to straighten out once you've let me know what branch number you have.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• mhaerewa
    Options

Hi Rav, this may seem stupid but I don’t even know what a branch number is. The settings says 002 and that must have come from the ATO because where else would it have come from?

So how exactly do I confirm it, do I have to call the ATO again? regards Michelle

• Rav
    Options

Don't worry, we'll get there 🙂.

The branch number field is a manual input field which means that you enter any number in there yourself that represents your GST branch number. If you've entered 002 that is fine and most likely your branch number but yes you do need to call the ATO to confirm it.

The only reason I'm saying this is, when I view your account from my end your Payroll App account shows 002 (which is what you're seeing too) but there is another area that shows me 001 has been registered as well which is why I just need to be sure about this before we make any changes.

• mhaerewa
    Options

Hello I have just called the ATO have confirmed that the branch number for ABN is 002

• mhaerewa
    Options

Hello Rav, can we please finalise this issue now? I tried calling the support line but they redirected me here. As the branch number has been confirmed by the ATO as 002 can you now fix the problem?

• Rav
    Options

Hi @mhaerewa

Now that you've confirmed your branch number yes we can progress this a bit further. I've sent the details over to our dev team to straighten out the branch number mismatch.

I'll let you know once this has been completed.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @mhaerewa

My devs have just got back to me in regard to your case and it should now be solved.

You'll need to logout of your account on the app (use the Logout option in the Settings section) then close the app in full by swiping it away from any other running apps on your phone.

Once that is done, reopen the app and login. You should be able to successfully send off pay runs now.