Program will not open

Options
Cheryl Haddow
Cheryl Haddow Member Posts: 10
edited April 2023 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

My Reckon One program will not open. All I get is an error msg:

Error # 19854 44130

!szFileBuffer.empty0

Does anybody have any ideas

Cheryl

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Cheryl

I'd recommend checking out the info in this help guide for that specific error message -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,065 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi @Cheryl Haddow

The program you have is Reckon Accounts, not Reckon One.

This post is the same as the previous one you had raised.

For that issue, we confirmed that it is the program itself that is failing to open and that your actual company data file (QBW) is error-free, and we were able to open the data file itself successfully using our installed Reckon Accounts desktop software.

Typically, when software crashes before it even gets to the stage where a specific data file is being opened, it indicates that the problem may be related to the installed software itself or to a conflict between the Reckon Accounts software and other applications that may be running already in the background.

The first recommendation is to restart the computer in "Safe Mode", to confirm whether in safe mode the program is able to actually start and if it does, whether your specific company data file can be opened.

The second recommendation is to remove (uninstall) the Reckon Accounts software. Then reboot the computer and install the software in "Safe Mode" (or with the least number of other applications having been started up)

If the re-installation of the software allows the program to open successfully without experiencing a crash, then also install the tax table update.

We recommend that you contact the Technical Support Team for over-the-phone assistance with these recommendations.

• Cheryl Haddow
    Options

Hi, I've deleted and am trying to reinstall and now it is telling me it's the wrong installation code.

Now what do I do?

Cheryl

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,065 Reckon Staff
    Options

We recommend that you contact the Technical Support Team for over-the-phone assistance with these recommendations, especially if you are encountering problems with the IKC (Installation Key Code).

• Cheryl Haddow
    Options

I have eventually got program installed and the tax update.

Tried to load in safe mode without success.