Error with EOFY Report Summary 2021/22

Options
IreckonKJ
IreckonKJ Member Posts: 3
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I have an error in the Total Superannuation in the EOFY Report 2021/22.

After checking each of the payroll runs made throughout the year, Total Gross Pay and Total Tax Withheld add up correctly, but Total Superannuation has not added up correctly. This creates a problem with the EOFY Statement and shows the total Superannuation paid as being less the the required 10% by the ATO. I am using the iPad app to make these entries.

How do I fix this error so that the EOFY Report is an accurate summary of the Pay runs in the 2021-2022 financial year?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,441 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @IreckonKJ

Can I just clarify, have you paid more than the (now previous) default 10% super rate in your pay runs?

The reason I ask is, RESC components such as salary sacrifice and additional super paid over the default 10% are indeed captured by the Payroll app and sent to the ATO as part of your STP submissions however unfortunately it just does not visibly appear in the EOFY submission and/or Pay Summary at this stage.

RESC currently shows within the individual pay run and payslips. It also appears in the Payroll Summary Report (premium plan).

This is an area that our app team are aware needs some sharpening up to avoid confusion.

If that's not quite what you're referring to though please let me know.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• IreckonKJ
    Options

Thanks for your quick response Rav.

I paid more than the 10% super guarantee and had to recalculate those payments in each pay run to reflect the exact amount paid to the super fund.

As previously stated, the EOFY Report correctly shows Gross Pay and Tax Withheld totals, but has not correctly added the payments made to the Super fund as shown in the pay runs.

What is the ATO looking at when the EOFY Payment Summary comes in? If I make the declaration to the ATO, the EOFY Report is incorrect.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,441 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

The EOFY submission will report your earnings, tax, super (including RESC), allowances and deductions as required.

Its just that visually the super balances that you see in that EOFY finalisation on-screen in the app will only display the balance of Super Guarantee at the default 10% rate at the moment. Any balances over and above the 10% super that was paid to employees in your pay runs and any salary sacrifice are classed as RESC and I can assure you the app has recorded this correctly, it just doesn't display it in a couple of areas at the moment, with the EOFY finalisaton screen being one of those places.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• IreckonKJ
    Options

Thank you for your clarification with regards to Payroll app and what has been reported to ATO.

I look forward to the future updates showing all totals accurately in the EOFY Report.

• abofinger
    abofinger Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022
    Options

I have a similar issue, having paid the concessional cap in one payment early in the financial year. The EOFY shows an much lower amount paid in total Super for the whole year. Using Payroll App Basic.

Totals for Gross Pay and Tax Withheld are correct.

Addit: Having read another post I have gone into employees, selected the employee, gone to Pay Summary and selected 2021-22, hit the elipsis, chosen edit, clicked initial YTDs FY2021-22, clicked FY2021-22 and the changed the superannuation to the difference between what I have actually paid and what the total Superannuation showed. The total for the year is now correct. Don't know if this will affect anything else, but at least I can now submit the correct amount to the ATO.

• DCS
    DCS Member Posts: 2
    Options

I have the same problem with incorrect totals shown for Gross Pay and Super. The Tax withheld is correct.

@Rav - can I please confirm that the correct approach is to submit this EOFY report regardless?

• Rav
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi @abofinger

I'd just be a bit cautious with that. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the Payroll App IS capturing super paid over and above the (previous) 10% default rate (RESC) however is only showing the Super Guarantee portion in the EOFY submission. So your RESC is in the app and will be sent in your finalisation, its just not shown visually.

If you've edited your initial YTD to show the FULL super balance ie. SG+RESC just so that it shows in the EOFY submission its going to inflate your super balances because the RESC you've previously paid in your payruns is still there, it's just not shown in the submission.

Hi @DCS

Your gross pay should show the correct balances in the EOFY submission. If they aren't, then you'll need to review that and make the necessary corrections. The conversation above is related to additional super and/or salary sacrifice (ie. RESC) not being visible in the EOFY submission ie. it only shows Super Guarantee.

• leighporter
    leighporter Member Posts: 10
    Options

Hi Rav

I am using the Reckon App Basic and have exactly the same problem in the EOFY Summary. Gross and tax are correct. Super is short by the amount of salary sacrifice to super. Pay runs are monthly and each run shows correct figures including super. Do we (1) submit the EOFY Summary showing (as you put it Visually) the lower super amount, or (2) wait for Reckon to adjust the app to show the correct super amount before we submit. In our case the super amount shown is above the minimum 10% for 21/22. Thank you for your guidance.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @leighporter

The answer would be 1.) in relation to the two options in your post above however I just want to clarify something below -

In our case the super amount shown is above the minimum 10% for 21/22.

Putting salary sacrifice/RESC aside for the moment, does the above mean that the super being displayed in the EOFY finalisation screen is incorrect for you when it comes to super at the (former) default 10% rate?

As mentioned in the thread above, the super balance that you see in the EOFY submission and employee Pay Summary will show the portion of super paid at the 10% default rate. So, just double checking whether what is showing for you in the EOFY screen/Pay Summary is correct in terms of that.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    Options

@Rav based on this issue, it might be helpful if Reckon provide a clarification that is attached to this video (which is misleading) or put an FAQ in the Reckon Payroll App How-to.

https://community.reckon.com/discussion/8031355/creating-an-end-of-financial-year-finalisation-in-the-payroll-app#latest

• Rav
    Options

Fair point @swakhlu01 ., I'll add a comment to the video thread shortly.

Just as an update for the folks in this thread and others who may come across it, I've been in conversation with our app dev team in relation to this topic quite a bit over the last few days. The devs will be exploring what options there are to funnel RESC data from the database table that it gets assigned to in the backend so that it shows in the Pay Summary and EOFY finalisation screens in-app moving forward.

Rest assured this certainly does have our attention that needs improvement and the team will prioritise what can be incorporated into the app quickly however there is a bit of work associated with this. There is a fairly significant update for the Payroll App finalised and scheduled for release later this month so any work done on this RESC topic won't make it in that one unfortunately.

At the current time, I would recommend Payroll App users not delay sending through their EOFY finalisations. Any RESC balances that you've paid throughout the course of the year via salary sacrifice, additional super etc have been recorded in the app and will be sent through with your finalisation.

• leighporter
    Options

Hi Rav

Thank you for the prompt reply. " So, just double checking whether what is showing for you in the EOFY screen/Pay Summary is correct in terms of that." In fact in our case the EOFY Summary is correctly showing the 10% SG amount, it's not including the salary sacrifice amount. Therefore from your previous comments on this thread we will go ahead and submit.

• Rav
    Options

Yep, great you should be good to go @leighporter 👍️

• leighporter
    Options

Rav, thank you for your prompt support.