An upgrade for Payroll Premier (Desktop) is coming soon! 🔜

Options
Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,445 Community Manager Community Manager
edited June 2023 in Payroll Premier

Payroll Premier (Desktop).. an exciting upgrade is coming soon! 🔜🤩

We are thrilled to announce an exciting upgrade for Payroll Premier customers launching in August 2023!

We want to ensure you have the best tools to streamline your payroll processes and maintain compliance with the latest regulations.

Here's what the new Payroll Premier experience has to offer:

• Streamlined payroll management with intuitive workflows and seamless STP submissions direct to the ATO. 
  • Single Touch Payroll (STP) Phase 2 compliance. Learn more about STP Phase 2 here.
  • Employee payroll app that allows your employees to check payslips, leave, super, deductions, and more from their smartphone.
  • Share your account with your bookkeeper or accountant and unlimited team members.

A small update for Payroll Premier 2023/24 will be available in late June, this contains compliance updates for the super guarantee increase and changes to student loan payments. 

Reckon has been granted an STP Phase 2 deferral until 30 September 2023. Your business will be covered by this deferral into the new financial year until the new Payroll Premier is released. However, you must upgrade to the new Payroll Premier before 30 September 2023 to ensure your business is STP Phase 2 compliant

We're 100% committed to supporting you throughout your upgrade journey to the new Payroll Premier experience. A customer success manager will call you in the coming weeks to provide more information and discuss your upgrade.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Tagged:

Comments

• Anna_7618698
    Anna_7618698 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Rav

Will there be an additional cost to professional partners to use the new cloud based payroll premier?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,445 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi there @Anna

I'm not totally across all the finer details just yet but from what I understand there are no additional costs to Professional & Accredited Partners.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JANE_9714211
    JANE_9714211 Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Rav,

I am wondering when do Payroll Premier users need to update and migrate to STP 2 reporting?

I haven't received a phone call from Reckon as I have seen stated here to discuss the required changes. I am getting somewhat worried that I won't have STP 2 up and running for reporting for the next financial year 23/24.

I read that Payroll Premier users do have a deferral until 30 September 2023 but what does that mean in terms of using STP1? Will the reporting of pays be a hybrid of STP1 & 2 at the end of the financial year 23/24?

Thanks.

• Rav
    Options

Morning @JANE

Correct, we've secured an extension to our deferral to 30 September for our Payroll Premier so you can continue creating pay runs & STP submissions as you are now.

There will be a new release of the Payroll Premier desktop software coming out next week which will include the new tax tables for 2023/24. Please note though, the new release will still be STP Phase 1 so you'll continue creating submissions as you are currently under our deferral.

Once the upgrade to Payroll Premier outlined in the opening post is ready it will include STP Phase 2 functionality so you'll start your STP Phase 2 submissions after the transition.

Before we get there though, we'll be in touch with every Payroll Premier customer over the course of the next few weeks to discuss the upgrade, your requirements, and also setup a booking with one of our CSM's who will assist you the whole way through with the transition.

Hope that helps but let me know if you have any questions 🙂

• Helen Stewart
    Helen Stewart Member Posts: 12
    Options

Hi Rav

In payroll premier, I already itemise allowances such as : uniform, uniform laundry, meals allowance, etc and also any overtime T1/2 or double , and salary sacrifice for those that contribute.

Will there be much of a change to the way I am doing it now/

• JANE_9714211
    edited June 2023
    Options

That is good to know that someone from Reckon will contact me to discuss the requirements for STP2 reporting and I can set up a booking for assistance to help with the transition of this software.

Thank you, Rav, and hopefully everything runs smoothly.

• Rav
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @Helen Stewart

The upgraded Payroll Premier will include a super easy STP Phase 2 checklist that will step you through both employees and pay items (including allowances) to update to STP Phase 2 requirements.

For pay items, its mainly about applying the new STP Phase 2 tax tracking types to the relevant item. I'm going to include a help guide HERE but I have to be clear that guide is for a different Reckon product entirely however it'll give you an idea of how the process will work in regard to updating allowance items for STP Phase 2.

• JANE_9714211
    Options

Hi Rav,

I just thought of another question regarding Medicare details for employees.

The categories being: Medicare Levy Exemption, Medicare Levy Reduction, and Medicare Levy Surcharge for STP2 when it is available.

I have spoken to a couple of employees (those with children) and they don't know if they get a Medicare reduction levy. Another employee said he thinks he pays a Medicare Levy Surcharge.

As these details are necessary to know for STP Phase 2, I am guessing each employee will need to contact Medicare to find out which category they fit in. Is this right?

Thanks.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @JANE,

I'm pretty unfamiliar with this aspect but from what I understand its somewhat uncommon and a lot of employees are uncertain on whether they're actually claiming it, qualify for it, or otherwise. As I said though, I'm not an expert on it either so take that with a pinch of salt 🤔.

Regardless, you only need to obtain Medicare Levy Surcharge or Reduction information from those employees who are actually actively claiming it which I believe is indicated in their TFN declaration. If they aren't, then there's no need for it.

• Leanne_9728175
    Leanne_9728175 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Hi - do you have a date yet on when the Payroll Premier 2023/24 upgrade will be available? You mentioned late June, but I have just had a look and cant see it.

Thanks, Leanne

• Rav
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @Leanne

All going well, the Payroll Premier release will be coming out on Wednesday which will include the new tax tables for 2023/24. Please note though, that release will still be STP Phase 1 so you'll continue creating submissions as you are currently under our deferral until the new upgrade launches in August.

• lesley_9730541
    lesley_9730541 Member Posts: 55
    Options

Do we know when this interim update will be received this week?

I am going on leave Wednesday and need to prepare next weeks pays before I leave - would be good if the update is received before then.

Thanks

• Rav
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @lesley

Its planned for release on Wednesday afternoon. I'll have announcements here on Community and we'll be sending through notification via email as soon as its released & available.

As mentioned in an earlier comment above, that release will still be STP Phase 1 so you'll continue creating submissions as you are currently under our deferral until the new upgrade launches in August.

• lesley_9730541
    lesley_9730541 Member Posts: 55
    Options

Ok, great thanks - fingers crossed we receive it Wednesday.

Thanks

• Suzanne Bacic
    Suzanne Bacic Member Posts: 6
    Options

I'm off on holidays from the beginning of August till late September - I usually pre-do my pays (as I am the one and only person who looks after this). Just concerned about any walk throughs to upgrade to the new version, as this will have to be done either before I head off or after I come back.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Suzanne Bacic

When it comes to the upgrade coming up in a couple of months, our teams will be really flexible around this so just let them know your schedule when they get in touch 🙂

• Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Rav

Is the interim upgrade still planned for this afternoon?

Also, I still have not received the before mentioned phone call?

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Kali

Yes, we're still on track for release this afternoon.  I'll have announcements here on Community as soon as its available and the team will be sending out an email on release as well.

The team are working through getting in touch with all Payroll Premier users and having conversations around the upgrade and transition. You'll definitely be hearing from the team over the course of the next few weeks if not sooner.

• Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    Options

Great - thanks for the update.

40176 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Any news on the update? We haven't seen anything yet and it important that I have it by tomorrow morning at the latest.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @40176

Payroll Premier 2023 was released yesterday afternoon. Emails were sent out to all Payroll Premier customers along with an announcement here on the Community which I'll link below -

Note: this release is still STP Phase 1 so you'll continue creating submissions as you are currently under our deferral until the new upgrade mentioned in the opening post launches in August.

Options

Thanks Rav. I don't seem to have received an email with this information. I have gone back and checked both my primary and secondary emails. including the junk folders, and I can't find anything.

• Anna_7618698
    Anna_7618698 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Options

I have also checked my emails. No emails from Reckon.

Thanks Rav for the posts, as this is where I saw it was available!

Options

Also, Rav. Can you please send me a direct link to the update? The link above just goes to an image and I'm having problems finding the download link.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @40176

Click the View Post option on the link in my previous reply and it'll take you straight to the announcement for the 2023 version which includes instructions on how/where to download.

• Rav
    edited July 2023
    Options

🚨 IMPORTANT INFO 🚨

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to post an update here so you get notification that we've discovered an issue in the current release of Payroll Premier Desktop 2023/24 that affects tax calculations.

Check out full information and info this in the announcement HERE.

📢 UPDATE - THIS IS RESOLVED 📢

The above issue has been resolved and a new installation of Payroll Premier 2023/24 has been released and is now available.

If you currently have the Payroll Premier 2023/24 edition that was released on 28 June 2023, please uninstall it and download the new version available now.

• eliasi
    eliasi Member Posts: 3
    Options

How can we get in touch with Reckon to book a migration appointment? I received a call from Reckon about a month ago trying to book a time in late Septmeber but the conversation ended unfinished. (not Reckon's fault, mine).

• Rav
    Options

Hi @eliasi

Give our Customer Service team a call on 1800 732 566 and they'll be able to organise a booking date & time for you 😊